bizzyb

My OWN (not AU) EXCELLENT CL's are dropping like flies...

5 of my OWN excellent TL's have dropped off my EQ report w/in the last 6 months or so, with 2 major ones being "paid as agreed" student AND car loans. The other's were also "paid as agreed" closed-end installment accounts. Granted, they were older than 7 years, but having future (good) TLs being wiped out concerns me because once loans like student and car loans are paid off, there's no way (that I know of) to keep them "active." This has obviously has a negative (downward) affect on my credit score. The funny thing is that these TL's are still being reported (thankfully) on my EX and TU files, for now. I've called EQ/creditors to try and have them put back, but to no avail. They are gone forever.  I can't help but think that if this was bad info. they all would still be there...

Has anyone else experienced this (yet)?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: My OWN (not AU) EXCELLENT CL's are dropping like flies...

Not much you can do but try and reopen them. Closed positive TLs are only good for 10 yrs.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+