Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Story- Tell me there is hope?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Story- Tell me there is hope?

First of all, i've been lurking for two weeks and some EXCELLENT advice ... Here are my scores and the issues I am going to tackle: TRU 638 EQX 606 EXP 613 Victoria Secret Credit Card: one 30 day late 7/7 Got it deleted Express Credit Card: showing closed by credit grantor due to auto pay drafting old account- got the card re-opened Limited Credit Card: same as Express (they are the same company) Chase Credit Card: showing one 30 day late Got them to delete that and they gave me back $200 in finance charges! (sweet!) Sprint/Nextel $500 Collection Received confirmation it is being deleted (in writing!) from my CBR Here are the three things I am having trouble with- i've handed it over to an attorney because I haven't been getting any traction Verizon FL - they refuse to DV yet keep validating when I dispute to the CBR Zions Bank- 30 days multiple (due to force placed insurance... might not be anything I can do about this one...) NCO Financial- Salt River Project Utility from when I lived in AZ was supposed to be PFD I'm hoping to be in the 700 club... but 100 pts is a LOT to go!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Story- Tell me there is hope?

clipclop wrote:
First of all, i've been lurking for two weeks and some EXCELLENT advice ... Here are my scores and the issues I am going to tackle: TRU 638 EQX 606 EXP 613 Victoria Secret Credit Card: one 30 day late 7/7 Got it deleted Express Credit Card: showing closed by credit grantor due to auto pay drafting old account- got the card re-opened Limited Credit Card: same as Express (they are the same company) Chase Credit Card: showing one 30 day late Got them to delete that and they gave me back $200 in finance charges! (sweet!) Sprint/Nextel $500 Collection Received confirmation it is being deleted (in writing!) from my CBR Here are the three things I am having trouble with- i've handed it over to an attorney because I haven't been getting any traction Verizon FL - they refuse to DV yet keep validating when I dispute to the CBR Zions Bank- 30 days multiple (due to force placed insurance... might not be anything I can do about this one...) NCO Financial- Salt River Project Utility from when I lived in AZ was supposed to be PFD I'm hoping to be in the 700 club... but 100 pts is a LOT to go!

this is very hard to follow. You need to break it up!  read this link  it is full of info.

You do not DV the CRAs!!!!!  A DV is sent CMRRR only to CAs.

You only dispute with the CRAs!!!  completely different. The CRAs have no idea what a DV is!

What is your SOL?   and the state where you live now.

Verizon usually never reports to a CRA  they turn it over to a CA

Always know your SOL  so you don't get sued!  You can be sued in the state where you live OR in the state where you lived when you received credit!

NCO Financial   this is a CA.......check your state & see if all CAs must be licensed & if they are.

Never PFD before receiving an answer to a DV.....and be sure that they are licensed and were assigned or own the account!   You need to get the DOFD or DOLA from your CR so that you can figure SOL.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 08:46 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice- sorry my post was so hard to follow... it didnt look ANYTHING like that when I posted! I had it bulleted and spaced- but its all mushed up together.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

NP  there is something that you can click BUT I have no idea where it is. I just double enter when im saying something different.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

another link for you to read    SOL v  CRTP

Every state sets their own SOL...time in which a creditor can file a law suit.

CRTP  federal law dealing with CR
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using Firefox, you'll need to check the box that says "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML breaks." It's right above the submit post button.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.