cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TransUnion is taking extra long to update my CC balance.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TransUnion is taking extra long to update my CC balance.

My Chase Credit card statement is Sep 18th.

I've been paying to pull a report since the 18th, every day, to see exactly when the balance is sent.

Experian and Equifax data is up to date and has receieved my updated statement balance as of Sep 22nd.

TransUnion is still showing last months balance.

Why? and how much longer will it take? I can't afford to keep buying Credit Reports for TransUnion.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My TransUnion is taking extra long to update my CC balance.

I think it just depends on when your cc company reports.  My Chase statement cut on the 9th and I didn't receive updated balance(MyFICo alert) until the 14th.  If you are signed up for alerts it will let you know when the balance change reports and you don't have to keep paying to pull your reports.  Also if you wanted to you could join a free site like CreditKarma.  The scores are not worth anything but every week it updates the data.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is false... I have Ultimate 3B with alerts turned on, however I beleive it only checks once a week as well... Just like Credit Karma.

The reason I know this, is because it didn't send me any alerts, even though my score changed dramatically.

I now know that it takes for Chase, precisely

EQ: 2 business days

EX: 2 business days

TU: ?????? business days.

I'll report back once I pull my TU report again tomorrow.

I wish there was a daily montoring service...

Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is false... I have Ultimate 3B with alerts turned on, however I beleive it only checks once a week as well... Just like Credit Karma.

The reason I know this, is because it didn't send me any alerts, even though my score changed dramatically.

I now know that it takes 

EQ: 2 business days

EX: 2 business days

TU: ?????? business days.

I'll report back once I pull my TU report again tomorrow.

Huh?  I get TU balance changes, it's simply slower than EX and often EQ too with regards to MF monitoring... though lately TU has been as fast as the other two, or at least same day.  Don't pay for a 1B report each day, a snippet of the last month or so of TU alerts from my busier than usual reports:

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 4.24.03 PM.png

        
Message 4 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian and Equifax data is up to date and has receieved my updated statement balance as of Sep 22nd.

TransUnion is still showing last months balance.

Why?

That's typical.  See also:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#es_th=1&q=tu%20slow%20site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com

Keep in mind that when the CRA's receive the update and when the CRA's finish processing the update are two different things.  A given creditor reports to all 3 at the same time.  However, each CRA can update at different times.

@Anonymous wrote:

and how much longer will it take? I can't afford to keep buying Credit Reports for TransUnion.

No idea.  It takes the CRA's several business days to update but the exact timing can and does vary.  If you need frequent pulls then use a CMS that offers frequent pulls.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not false.  You're just misinterpreting your experiences with myFICO.  If you're relying on myFICO alerts and updates then make sure you understand the triggers.  myFICO does not update on fixed intervals and is all based on trigger activity.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is trigger activity.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

@Anonymous wrote:

There are.  However, myFICO does not offer daily pulls.  I can't give you a list of options but they're a fairly common discussion topic so you may want to reference prior threads if interested.  I know Credit Check Total has been popular recently but it won't give you daily pulls with TU.  Eliminate ID Theft/My Privacy Matters should, IIRC, but there are probably other options out there.

Message 5 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get reports from the three credit bureaus as a member and also from MyFico. TransUnion is very slow in updating on their own site. I am spending way too much doing this and will probably drop the individual bureaus when my scores have settled. Equifax seems to report first, then Experian, then TransUnion. I have seen this trend for months. Not sure why this is so.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks takeshi74 for explaining that!!

BTW, it seems like the alert feature took a week to kick in, becuase I was just notified that my TransUnion Report has been updated.

Seems like if you buy the Ultimate 3B, it takes about a week for them to actually start the monortoring proccess with alerts.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is always my slowest, not always as slow as this month, but usually a week+

My statement that reports a balance cut on the 11th this month

EX balance change alerted on the 12th, dated the 12th

EQ balance change alerted on the 14th, dated the 14th

TU balance change alerted on the 23rd dated the 22nd (its always dated a day before it alerts)

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inverse, what's your credit card company?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.