cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My birthday is wrong on my EQ credit report..?!?

tag
Isaiah2990
Contributor

My birthday is wrong on my EQ credit report..?!?

When I made an account I had to do verificiation with customer support with FICO and they told me my b-day was listed as July instead of June..how do I get this changed ?..and how could this have happened ?

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My birthday is wrong on my EQ credit report..?!?

One of your current creditors are likely the one who misreported your DOB. It could have happened simply by hitting 7 instead of 6 within the app or maybe scrolling to July instead of June. The CSR could have miscued it. I'd check all 3 reports regularly. If this is the case, you should see your DOB bounce back and forth and if that's the case, it's easy to narrow down who is misreporting it. Also, on your EX report as pulled directly from EX, you'll see demographic codes next to each TL. Those codes translate back to your DOB and you can cross-check and find the misreporting TL, provided they report to EX.

Message 2 of 3
Quips
Regular Contributor

Re: My birthday is wrong on my EQ credit report..?!?

I had a similar issue on my EQ - they had the birth year wrong - 1965 vs 1956. I put in an onlne dispute - then faxed them a copy of my drivers license. Make sure you reference the dispute number they assign on the fax. It was corrected in about a week.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.