Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My car was just repossessed?

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

My car was just repossessed?

Ok so i have a title loan with City Loan in California and my payment was 1500 every 2 weeks but this time my payment was due on the 10/17/13 and i made the payment on 10/23/13 and i took my car to the dodge dealership today 10/25/13 for a repair and It was repossessed can they repossess my car if i am current? Can i sue them for repossessing my vehicle?? They said i have to call back on Monday, My payment is usually 1338 every 2 weeks but i have been paying 1500 every 2 weeks so i even over pay i mean what do i do?? Anyone know what to do or how i would sue? I made the payment 2 days before car was repossed so the account was current.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My car was just repossessed?

$3k/mo payment?

As of the day prior, 10/16, were you current? If not, how late?

What does your contract say in terms of default? I've only financed 2 cars and both had a 10-day provision when it came to a default, though I was late as much as 30 or 60 days late with no issue other than baddies and fees. YMMV on the lender.

Message 2 of 14
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

It just says im in default if i dont pay the day is due but i usually call in and make arrangements and ive paid as late as 14 days late so my payment was due on 10/17 i made my payment on 10/23 the car was repossessed on 10/25

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 3 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would check your state's laws on that default. Some states give you a chance to cure that default. They would be in their right if your state allowed a default at +1 from the due date on the contract. But most states in my past searches allowed some time to cure a default before action is taken. But definitely reread the agreement.

Message 4 of 14
CCspoiledbrat1
Valued Member

Get a ride to the office tomorrow and talk to the manager. Normally accounts are red flagged when you are late 1x. Then these predators wait........ and wait and wait until people get comfortable and fall a day behind. You may luck up and have to PAY out the ying yang for the recovery fees like towing and storage but they may give you your car back. Keep us posted. 

updated IN THE GARDEN UNTIL: 8/14/14
Cap1$500 |Express$900 |BILLMELATER$500|Shell$200
MarathonGas$200 |NFCUCshRwrdsVisa$2.5K |NFCUGoRwrdsMC$5K
AmazonStore$1.2K |AmazonRewardsVisa$500 |DiscoverIT$500
BUCKLE$500/MACYS CLOSED
Message 5 of 14
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

I will some guy told me that its illegal for them to take the car if i am current anyone know if this is true?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 6 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You said usually you call in to make payt arrangements. Did you call this time?
Message 7 of 14
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

No i didnt because i was in the hospital. but why would they wait until i make the payment to repo the vehicle?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 8 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It was probably already sent out for a repo. Call tomorrow if they are open and show your hospital discharge. Maybe they will be kindhearted and waive some of the fees
Message 9 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I know it's not the topic of your post and not your #1 concern at the moment, but I have to ask, how did you end up paying $1,500 every two weeks for a car? I've never heard of anything like that in my whole life.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.