cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My friend's charge-off on my credit reports?

tag
ZX10Guy
Established Member

My friend's charge-off on my credit reports?

My friend declared bankruptcy in 2009.  He had a credit card from 2000 until 2009.  At some point, he added me as an authorized agent on the card to be nice and was going to give me the card as a gift, but he never did.  I never, ever took posession of the card.

All was well...until just a few months ago I noticed that I have charge offs for over $5000 now on my reports....dropping me about 80 points.  Even though my friend declared bankruptcy in 2009, I'm getting hit with *monthly* chargeoff statuses on my Equifax....I don't understand that.  

It's showing 

Charge of on 11/2013

Charge of on 12/2013

Charge of on 01/2014

Charge of on 02/2014

Charge of on 03/2014

.....and until

Charge of on 05/2014

and

LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 7 times (May 2014, Apr 2014, Mar 2014, Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013)

Are they trying to collect from me?  Again, I never even touched this card.

I think my friend thinks it's no big deal and has cleaned his hands of the entire thing because he declared bankruptcy.....so am I now left holding the bag?

I filed a dispute last week and I have my fingers crossed, but I guess I'm pessimistic.

Any words of wisdom?  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: My friend's charge-off on my credit reports?

Was the AU link ever officially broken?

Message 2 of 3
ZX10Guy
Established Member

Re: My friend's charge-off on my credit reports?

I guess I didn't even know I was an AU or what an AU even was until a few days ago.  Fortunately, Equifax already answered the dispute and said they were deleting -- so that's a good sign.  Hopefully it'll show on my account soon.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.