Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My name on CR

I put a dispute on several of my CR due to the incorrect spelling of my name. I am positive that no one will have a name like mine so I know for a fact its just a spelling error but thought I read somewhere that if they spell your name wrong, the debt isn't yours? Mine are all current. The dispute are for collections that I paid in full from years ago.

Also, it also states that one of my past addresses was in LA, CA. I have never been to LA nor have I lived her CA. By chance was this a fraud?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My name on CR

I have done CR for myself & family....we all had incorrect spelling of name & incorrect address.....I filed a dispute asking for deletion  & all was corrected  no problem

Some people have had to copy and then  fax or mail proof of ID.

The problem comes in when there is a creditor reporting incorrect info. (spelling of name or addy)

Just because the spelling of your name is incorrect does not mean the debt isn't your's. It could be a typo.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.