cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new HIGHER score doesn't mean jack squat, LOL...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My new HIGHER score doesn't mean jack squat, LOL...

So all along you work at your credit and fixing it and getting your score up there. There is so much emphasis on your fico scores. I reached 661 which is the highest it has been for me since I got here in October. I was noticed by fico equifax, that I could possibly recieve new rates with this score.

I figured I would go for it, and try and refinace our car we are paying a arm and leg for in interest.

NO go from either companies, who didn't care about what my score was!!! All that hard work for nothing.

Agaisnt me was.. Short history of my credit cards. I will have had them 2 of them for a year in May, and one is dated back to 1995. One collection, which I am disputing, and my balance is too high on my credit cards. (still paying off christmas, I know I know all about the uti, but sometimes it's good to lean on them when you need them).

So anyways... all that work getting the score up and 2 thumbs down from 2 companiesSmiley Sad

When you reach one positive, there always seems to be 2 negatives that pop out of no where.

Bummed,

Jen
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: My new HIGHER score doesn't mean jack squat, LOL...

I would use lendingtree.com as they can prolly find you a company that will refi your car for a lower rate.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but I am JUST under the lowest they offer to refiance.

Bummer for me!
Message 3 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Are you a member of a CU? What city/area do you live in?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I'm sorry for your negativity experience. Really I am, but...

You have been working on your FICOs since October and are dissatisfied that lenders aren't jumping for your business? You have your scores to 661 and are surprised that your FICOs meant nothing? You say you are 'leaning on your credit cards' and know about the effect of utilization, but are surprised?

My point is simple, and silly. 'Its hard work.', 'Nothing comes easy', 'good things come to those that wait.'. Pick any of them, and step back for a sec. Whatever you might have done in the past to hurt your credit, was it fair? Do the company's that use FICOs to determine your ability and interest in repaying debt owe you something? Sorry to sound harsh, but October to February is not exactly stealer history, right?

I know exactly what, when, and how I SCREWED OVER the company's that entrusted me with credit. I feel part of this process is making amends with that, and them. coming out the other end as a trustworthy risk. My story is about medical bills, and the IRS. Rather than deal with the tedium, the short story is I put my priorities with those that were caring for my wife, and those that would put me in jail (exaggeration yes, but...) The credit card companys, and other creditors had to wait for their money past when I HAD PROMISED THEM I WOULD PAY. That was MY fault, and it will take me years to rebuild, as it should.

My scores are moving up, and I may make it to 700 by the end of the year if I work at it. In the meantime, I expect nothing, and am thankful for those that do trust me enough to help me rebuild.

Really sorry to sound so harsh. Keep at it. Others on this board are, unlike me, helpful.

TBR
Message 5 of 6
BuckiRob
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
So all along you work at your credit and fixing it and getting your score up there. There is so much emphasis on your fico scores. I reached 661 which is the highest it has been for me since I got here in October. I was noticed by fico equifax, that I could possibly recieve new rates with this score.
I figured I would go for it, and try and refinace our car we are paying a arm and leg for in interest.
NO go from either companies, who didn't care about what my score was!!! All that hard work for nothing.
Agaisnt me was.. Short history of my credit cards. I will have had them 2 of them for a year in May, and one is dated back to 1995. One collection, which I am disputing, and my balance is too high on my credit cards. (still paying off christmas, I know I know all about the uti, but sometimes it's good to lean on them when you need them).
So anyways... all that work getting the score up and 2 thumbs down from 2 companiesSmiley Sad
When you reach one positive, there always seems to be 2 negatives that pop out of no where.
Bummed,
Jen

Rates on car loans today are higher than they were 2-3 years ago. Your FICO score determines where you stand in line among best rate to worst rate. Your FICO score does not set interest rates... the market does that. In other words a person with an 800 score 2/3 years ago would have a much lower rate than that same person today.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.