Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scores went down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores went down

Well, got a collection deleted from Experian and NCO added one the other day so my score went from 631 to 608. Smiley Sad I am so upset. I was so excited it was at 631 and saw hopes of it going up close to 700. EX was my good score!

I sent a PFD email to a guy listed on these forums at NCO - no response - but now it's added on all 3 reports!! Now I'm feeling hopeless but I know I can't give up. Seeing the 631 is what got me fired up to clean this all up.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My scores went down

Send a DV letter, NCO folds pretty easily.
I had them removed from all 3 CRA 36-48 hours after they signed for the letter.  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I should but I know exactly what it is for and the OC is listing as currently past due even though it's from '01 and should fall off in December. My goal is to get it paid so I can deal with the OC. But, I would like it removed after I pay.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay it, it will not fall off for an additional 7 years.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, some might say that is not the case....

I've heard it does not start over if you pay it...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:

It does... Best practice is to PFD.

On occasion an account may be reported erroneously after you've apid and it can be deleted prior to the 7.5 from PIF date, but if it is reported correctly by the OC / CA it will stay on 7.5 years from the PIF date.

Rob
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cap1 is showing as fall off date 2009 -  went delinquent in 2002 and I paid in 2005. maybe that was reported wrong and I got luckY? the CA deleted after payment.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid an OLD collection.  I did not PFD as I knew it was to fall off soon.  I just got a TU report and the date it is supposed to drop has not changed.  I guess we will see in about a month.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO_Focused wrote:

overwhelmed wrote:

It does... Best practice is to PFD.

On occasion an account may be reported erroneously after you've apid and it can be deleted prior to the 7.5 from PIF date, but if it is reported correctly by the OC / CA it will stay on 7.5 years from the PIF date.

Rob

If paid after CO where OC or CA the DOFD does not change. It will start your SOL over though because most states go by DOLA

FROM frequently requested thread DOFD DOFA  SOL

But Tusc, you refer to the 7 year reporting period, yet the SOL for my state is X, what gives?

You are confusing "Legal SOL" with "Reporting SOL".. The legal SOL usually starts on the DOFD, not the DOLA.

The Reporting SOL ALWAYS starts on the DOFD by LAW in the FCRA and must be reported by the OC to the CRA.

If I make a payment to the CA, does that change the FCRA Compliance Date and cause the debt to be reported for another 7 years?

No. Even making payments to the OC doesn't "reset" the reporting period after CO of the account, or even prior to CO unless you bring the account current. Whether you make payments to the CA or not, it's illegal for the CA to change that date and cause the negative information to remain on your credit report for longer than permitted by the FCRA.

Does the 7 year reporting period start over when a CA/JDB buys the debt?

No. The date the reporting period is based upon depends on the commencement of the delinquency leading to the CO of the debt with the OC. It's illegal for the CA to change that date in order to report that debt beyond the period allowed by the FCRA
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.