Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Credit Monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Credit Monitoring

I was the vicitm of possible attempted ID theft or maybe simply someone entering their SSN incorrectly, not sure. I had an inquiry on my TU from Chase for a card I didn't apply for. I called their fraud department and got the application deleted and the inquiry removed from TU. Here's my question though. I received a notification from the free credit monitoring that is included with my Capital One card about the inquiry. This was 3 days ago. I never received a notification from MyFico. I also have a subscription to Experian's ProtectMyID that I was provided free after one of the big data breaches. I never got a notification from that product either and they are usually pretty quick to alert me to issues. Why did I get the alert from one product but not the other two? This allowed me to put a stop to the application and possibly save a lot of headache. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico Credit Monitoring

Welcome to the forums!

What myFICO product do you have?  For example, is it the myFICO Ultimate?  How long have you had that service?  And do you get other myFICO alerts from TU?

How many hours (best guess) elapsed between the inquiry occuring and you getting it deleted?  It may be that you got it deleted so fast that it was gone by the time MF would have noticed it.

Some people have reported problems with the MF alerts -- specifically that competing products give them alerts a lot faster.  That's just a few people on the forum, and its anecdotal, but maybe it is true.  I wouldn't know because I don't pay for any credit monitoring services. 

Hope other folks can give you some insight.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.