cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Score Not Updating

tag
jbuddy

MyFico Score Not Updating

I recently started up my monthly monitoring (after not having it for a year) and every update that is coming thru is coming thru as a 0 score change...Things like paying down a cc debt balance, collections removal, collections update to paid in full -- all of these things SHOULD be changing my scores. I had 5 alerts come thru today for those things and all show 0 score change. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? Please help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jbuddy

Re: MyFico Score Not Updating

Anyone?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had monitoring now? If it's been less than a week, I'd wait a little while. If it's more than a week, call customer care and find out if there's an issue with retrieving your scores. 

Alerts to balance changes don't always reflect in a points change. Collections removals could take a month to show up as a score increase.

Message 3 of 6
DollyLama
Established Contributor

@jbuddy wrote:
I recently started up my monthly monitoring (after not having it for a year) and every update that is coming thru is coming thru as a 0 score change...Things like paying down a cc debt balance, collections removal, collections update to paid in full -- all of these things SHOULD be changing my scores. I had 5 alerts come thru today for those things and all show 0 score change. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? Please help!

How recent did you start the 3B monitoring? Each of the 5 alerts you received, was from at least example 2 from EX, 2 EQ and 1 TU? Or is it one B only with 5 alerts?  With particular attention to CC payments, has the "new" statement hit and reported?. IE. February statement CC balance $500 min. payment due $25 not due till 3/10? Any payment made for due date of 3/10 statement regardless when you pay it-day it cut or due date, will not reflect till the next statement cuts in March with the new balance.  Are you making significant payments on a CC that impact your utilization for that tradeline specificially? I know EX and EQ alerts me to a particular account, TU is just a decrease against ALL tradelines. It gives me very little points bump compared to the other two as I am working my way down, 2 CCs paid off yielded higher points with EX and EQ than TU.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue-  collection accounts / late pays have been removed from all 3 bureaus, I have 0 balance /utilization ratio and also had federal and state tax liens removed from EQ and TU (state is still showing on EX).  My Ch 7 is less than a year away from being removed...and still the movement is minimal at best since November 2016.  I recently read on the myFico FAQ page that it doesn't get updated regularly - and will be done if a lender or myself requests it...I just sent an email to ask how to request the re-calc.  Does anyone know about requesting this FICO recalculation?  

Message 5 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Removing a collection account or late payments won't necessarily cause a score change.  It depends on what other negatives you have on your credit report and the dates of them.  I had 2 small medical collections deleted, but I also have a discharged Bk so I saw no score change.  Same thing with cc balances, if you're still within the same threshold, you may not see a score change.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.