Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico credit monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico credit monitoring

OK someone tell me I didn't pay $32 a month for a service that doesnt even list all my credit accounts and when they reported last? I just went through every link on the dashboard and I can't find anything. Am I missing something?

I bought this so I could have exact up to the day information. Such as that specifically. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico credit monitoring

Ok so I think I found it. You click on the circle on the chart and then on the revolving accounts.

Small problem, it only has the "month" last reported?? Like "June" not a day specified? LOL I can get the exact day for free from Credit Karma. Unreal.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so a couple inconvenient facts. It doesn't always update to the day. In this regard, I have found that CCT is faster. Secondly, as you note, CK has more dates wrt  when the last payment was made, also when the card was opened, etc. I like MyFico very much, but it does not excel in the areas you mentioned, in my experience.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's super at when you are going to apply for a mortgage or auto loan and you need all those scores to know and therefore leverage your position.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the amount of free products out there these days along with occasional CCT $1 trials, monthly memberships for $30+ to me simply don't seem worth it.  Then you hear things like this that they don't even provide what people are looking for and/or expecting.  Not cool.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I think I found it. You click on the circle on the chart and then on the revolving accounts.

Small problem, it only has the "month" last reported?? Like "June" not a day specified? LOL I can get the exact day for free from Credit Karma. Unreal.

I get wanting to see the dates, that is nice.

Though I think it doesn't matter on your report.  If you have a late payment in say June it will come off in August as it always comes off the month after.

I just use place like CK and such to get a more updated credit score before MyFico updates.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With the amount of free products out there these days along with occasional CCT $1 trials, monthly memberships for $30+ to me simply don't seem worth it.  Then you hear things like this that they don't even provide what people are looking for and/or expecting.  Not cool.

I think MyFICO would be worth it more if they updated every 30 days at a minimum instead of Quarterly.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why some people signed up for a service called myFICO Premium, which did exactly that.  Same as Ultimate, just gave you a 3B report and a few dozen scores every 30 days.  The price was $40/month.

Does anybody know if Premium is still available?

Myself I just go with using free tools monthly (for my reports and FICO 8 scores) and then pulling all three dozen scores at myFICO once every 18 months or so.  That averages out to be about about $20 per year.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why some people signed up for a service called myFICO Premium, which did exactly that.  Same as Ultimate, just gave you a 3B report and a few dozen scores every 30 days.  The price was $40/month.

Does anybody know if Premium is still available?

Myself I just go with using free tools monthly (for my reports and FICO 8 scores) and then pulling all three dozen scores at myFICO once every 18 months or so.  That averages out to be about about $20 per year.

I don't think that premium is available anymore.

Right now MyFICO will update your FICO 8 scores if it finds something new on your report.  The other scores will only update quarterly.  I guess you could just cancel your order and just renew it every 3 months :\

I'm tempted to try out CCT.  Just wish it gave all the other scores too.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey VS.  One thing you may want to try is timing your quarterly MF report in such a way that your profile is stable and optimized at the time the quarterly scores are generated.  Do that a few times and you may find that the FICO 8 classic can be used as a fairly accurate predictor of your other scores.  E.g. maybe the EQ FICO 8 Classic tends to always be 10 points lower than your EQ FICO 8 Bankcard score (say).

Once you have figured that out, you may discover that the FICO 8 classic is good enough.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.