Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 955
Registered: ‎02-02-2013
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

[ Edited ]

Kneegrow wrote:

I appd to NFCU

 

 Its ok that there are 40+ real Ficos out there but MyFico re-assured me that THIS ONE is the real Equifax score, that  if appd for a CC and the creditor pulls Equifax, the score I have  in my membership is the one they'd see.. I have the proof that is not true

 

 You can find every excuse out there that creditors used an "enhanced" version,  add Beacons, etc etc.

 

In the end, this is just like any other credit monitoring service where your score is close to the real one, could be above or below, just use it as a point of reference like you would any other service.  And don't worry, I'm not cancelling my membership just yet.

 

 


I get a kick out of the mandatory thread like this every month.  sigh..
This score here is far more accurate than virtually any other service I know of.  This from a guy who maintains about 100 bucks a month just in credit monitoring between my wife and I.
No one FICO score is going to be 100% accurate with all lenders because if your a lender, why on earth would you want that information readily available?  I wouldn't.  I'd want something close though so people would apply still, but different enough that I would be able to bump interest here and there as I saw fit. So lenders all use some sort of customized adaptation of the Beacon or TU08 or any one of the five other variations. 
For example, yesterday when my Discover IT arrived, the paper work that arrived with it advised that they pulled Equifax and that my "FICO" (yes they called it FICO by name) is 779.  If my score was 779 then GREAT! but I think thats too high.  Its 750 and that makes sense to me. 
Additionally, MYFICO has one thing that is well worth the price of admission and that is these forums.  The knowledge here has served me extremely just in the short time I have been here.  Smiley Happy

 

 


NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??


Pilotdude wrote:

Kneegrow wrote:

I appd to NFCU

 

 Its ok that there are 40+ real Ficos out there but MyFico re-assured me that THIS ONE is the real Equifax score, that  if appd for a CC and the creditor pulls Equifax, the score I have  in my membership is the one they'd see.. I have the proof that is not true

 

 You can find every excuse out there that creditors used an "enhanced" version,  add Beacons, etc etc.

 

In the end, this is just like any other credit monitoring service where your score is close to the real one, could be above or below, just use it as a point of reference like you would any other service.  And don't worry, I'm not cancelling my membership just yet.

 

 


I get a kick out of the mandatory thread like this every month.  sigh..
This score here is far more accurate than virtually any other service I know of.  This from a guy who maintains about 100 bucks a month just in credit monitoring between my wife and I.
No one FICO score is going to be 100% accurate with all lenders because if your a lender, why on earth would you want that information readily available?  I wouldn't.  I'd want something close though so people would apply still, but different enough that I would be able to bump interest here and there as I saw fit. So lenders all use some sort of customized adaptation of the Beacon or TU08 or any one of the five other variations. 
For example, yesterday when my Discover IT arrived, the paper work that arrived with it advised that they pulled Equifax and that my "FICO" (yes they called it FICO by name) is 779.  If my score was 779 then GREAT! but I think thats too high.  Its 750 and that makes sense to me. 

 

 


I'm pretty sure that Discover uses the Beacon 9.0 model, hence the improved score.  But your point is well made...and well taken! 

 

To the OP, here's just one of many other examples of variation in scores.  Both of the above are true FICOs.  Just depends on what score you want to accept as your score.

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10.5K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 823 TU = 822 as of 07/15
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,062
Registered: ‎07-12-2012
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

When I applied for my cashRewards from NFCU they pulled EQ and when I received my letter it was the exact same score that was listed on myFICO.com Not sure why yours would be different, YMMV I guess! Happy Easter all!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
725 EQ FICO 08/2015
730 TU FICO 08/2015
729 EX FICO 08/2015
$14k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $9k Barclay Arrival WEMC | $5.4k Cap1 Quicksilver | $6k Amazon Store | $11k Cap1 VentureOne | $5k Barclay US Airways | $500 Chase Freedom
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??


Scupra wrote:

When I applied for my cashRewards from NFCU they pulled EQ and when I received my letter it was the exact same score that was listed on myFICO.com Not sure why yours would be different, YMMV I guess! Happy Easter all!


+1

When I received my Fico score in the mail from NFCU it was EXACTLY the same as here at Myfico.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

[ Edited ]

OP, just like you can buy a manufacturers car "with options", so can a creditor buy a FICO score model "with options".  So if I buy a Ford Taurus with navigation, and let's just assume for the sake of arguement that you are under the impression that every Ford Taurus sold has navigation, and you happen to buy one without navigation, are you going to say that the Ford Taurus you own is a fake?  Well its pretty much the same logic applied here for FICO scores.

 

A creditor can choose to use the same FICO model sold here or they can choose to buy a FICO model that includes "options".  When you buy a car, many creditors use an auto-enhanced score so the scoring is based more heavily on how you paid your previous loans than your other credit.  Some creditors issuing CC's use a credit-enhanced score that is based more heavily on how you paid your credit cards, length of history, AAoA, etc.  

 

However since we are talking about NFCU, which is really hot here on these boards, this is the first time that I have heard that the scores differ.  At least I know for sure my own apps with NFCU resulted in the exact score listed here for me.  One thing I can say is that sometimes myFICO does not update instantaneously.  It has taken a lag of about 24 hours before with me once a change is made before I am notified.  When did you apply with NFCU?


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??


Rhaeny wrote:

OP, just like you can buy a manufacturers car "with options", so can a creditor buy a FICO score model "with options".  So if I buy a Ford Taurus with navigation, and let's just assume for the sake of arguement that you are under the impression that every Ford Taurus sold has navigation, and you happen to buy one without navigation, are you going to say that the Ford Taurus you own is a fake?  Well its pretty much the same logic applied here for FICO scores.

 

A creditor can choose to use the same FICO model sold here or they can choose to buy a FICO model that includes "options".  When you buy a car, many creditors use an auto-enhanced score so the scoring is based more heavily on how you paid your previous loans than your other credit.  Some creditors issuing CC's use a credit-enhanced score that is based more heavily on how you paid your credit cards, length of history, AAoA, etc.  

 

However since we are talking about NFCU, which is really hot here on these boards, this is the first time that I have heard that the scores differ.  At least I know for sure my own apps with NFCU resulted in the exact score listed here for me.  One thing I can say is that sometimes myFICO does not update instantaneously.  It has taken a lag of about 24 hours before with me once a change is made before I am notified.  When did you apply with NFCU?


But..., I don't think that is quite the analogy.   It's more the person selling the OP the car without navigation is saying "This is the only real Ford Taurus" and then he discovers that some come with nav.

 

The issue comes from Fico Marketing (cheered on by loyalists here) that  it's "The Score that Matters" (see bottom of each page).  It's the score lenders see, except when it isn't.

Established Contributor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-16-2007
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

Can this thread just die, its a FICO score simple as that!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,


IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1









Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??


bs6054 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

OP, just like you can buy a manufacturers car "with options", so can a creditor buy a FICO score model "with options".  So if I buy a Ford Taurus with navigation, and let's just assume for the sake of arguement that you are under the impression that every Ford Taurus sold has navigation, and you happen to buy one without navigation, are you going to say that the Ford Taurus you own is a fake?  Well its pretty much the same logic applied here for FICO scores.

 

A creditor can choose to use the same FICO model sold here or they can choose to buy a FICO model that includes "options".  When you buy a car, many creditors use an auto-enhanced score so the scoring is based more heavily on how you paid your previous loans than your other credit.  Some creditors issuing CC's use a credit-enhanced score that is based more heavily on how you paid your credit cards, length of history, AAoA, etc.  

 

However since we are talking about NFCU, which is really hot here on these boards, this is the first time that I have heard that the scores differ.  At least I know for sure my own apps with NFCU resulted in the exact score listed here for me.  One thing I can say is that sometimes myFICO does not update instantaneously.  It has taken a lag of about 24 hours before with me once a change is made before I am notified.  When did you apply with NFCU?


But..., I don't think that is quite the analogy.   It's more the person selling the OP the car without navigation is saying "This is the only real Ford Taurus" and then he discovers that some come with nav.

 

The issue comes from Fico Marketing (cheered on by loyalists here) that  it's "The Score that Matters" (see bottom of each page).  It's the score lenders see, except when it isn't.


I agree with this. It can be worded differently marketing wise but most consumers don't know the difference anyway so they feel its legit. Even on FAKO sites.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

+1 to tcbofade's comments.

The EQ fico here is definitely not a FAKO. I recently apped for a mortgage with 2 different lenders. The EQ fico they both pulled matched exactly with what I was provided here. TU didn't match because most mortgage lenders use TU04 and not TU98 which is provided here. As stated, CCCs and auto loan lenders use various different types of enhanced in house scoring that weights a particular type of trade line higher than the standard fico weighting.

So it was very nice to be able to keep track of my real fico EQ score during the mortgage process.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: MyFico is a Fako Equifax??

 

One thing is a definite. The scores we can get here are True FICO scores, BUT, when there are 40 True FICO scores to choose from, and we can only get 1 each from the CBs, where lenders can use many, it does devalue (waters down the facts of the number we're looking at) the only score we can buy. Considering the Law, we should almost be given every variant for each CB FICO handles when we buy a score, none should be off limits really. We get the used "Consumer" FICO.  There should be only one score used per CB.

 

I still wouldn't app for anything going on a NON-FICO (FAKO) score.  So I buy the FICO-"FAKO" being it's the most representative.  I say that in that "Ficos are like a box of chocolates, you never know what a lender's going to pick"  Smiley LOL

 

It really boils down to facts on a report.  Score is just a starting point, or like an educated guess.  And to be honest, you don't have to go through FICO to get factual reports.  I subscribe to SW but it's over priced for what they provide, to be frank about it.  I also pay for EX-direct, only because it keeps me informed daily about what's going on with that report (and I got a discount, I wouldn't pay over 10$ a month for it).   With SW I don't need TRU credit from TU (whatever they call it, had it for a while).

 

Have to say, even with all the different ways FICO and FAKOs calculate scores, and the different lowest and highest numbers.  The RANGE still usually matches,  Poor-Good-Excellent  across all of them.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.