Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico SW Alert...Auuugghh!

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Myfico SW Alert...Auuugghh!

Okay, so just before I enter church today, I get a text message. I am in a panic, b/c it's a SW Alert. There has been a change to my CR. I am thinking that they updated my CC balance. I was erroneously thinking that I would see that huge score increase. NOT! I ran to my computer when I got home from church to see what's what. This is the quote from my email. "There are a few changes to your credit report today:
An account listed on your credit report has changed."

I have inspected my report with a fine-toothed comb and found ZERO Changes. My score is the same, there are no new inquiries, no updates to the two accounts that have a balance, no new collections or public records. What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on around here? How stupid is this? Has this happened to others? How commonplace is this?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico SW Alert...Auuugghh!

I had that happen on my SW...all mine was that the description on my credit card dispute was initially "consumer disputes blah blah blah" and it changed back to "credit card"..can't remember what field it was in but, no score change or anything for me either
Message 2 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I bet SW just wants me to buy another score. I just did on 3/3/08, so no way baby.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO   it all has to do with what you have the settings on with SW....I got an alert saying...OC reported new Bal....from N/A to $0    and increase debt   was $75  now $79
Message 4 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

That's just it HappyDays, no balance increases reported or anything. Maybe I am just dense, but I don't see anything different. I only have two accounts with balances, so it was easy to check the balances...no changes. Do I need to buy a new report to see what the changes were?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No you are not dense....maybe the alert went before they updated all info.  I have gotten them when I couldn't see any change.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an alert saying a account had updated........went and checked and an account update status or something from "N/A" to "N/A".
Message 7 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I figured it out. I had an old auto loan from American Honda that was paid off 2-1/2 years ago that changed the status from pays as agreed to not reported. I don't know what would have caused this change (account was paid perfectly for the three years we had it).

Anyway, no score change, so whew!

Thanks for your responses everyone.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 03-10-2008 12:13 AM

Message 8 of 12
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well i had that happen to me this morning but when i checked to see the changes their wasnt any! This is not the first time either, usually if i check it a lil later on in the day or the next day i see changes! BTW i use Equifax's ScoreWatch instead of Myfico's. I be expecting to see something then when i dont it kinda upsets me!Smiley Mad
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 9 of 12
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Just be glad you are receiving alerts lol.  I have used ScoreWatch on the MyFico and Equifax sites and never receive alerts when there are changes to my accounts.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.