Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery "Collections" Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mystery "Collections" Agency

There is a Collection Agency listed under "Collections" called 458yc000000. though i think i know what the account is and it may be legit, is this collections listing legit? 458yc00000 seems a little suspicious. can i dispute this?

EQ bureau
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mystery "Collections" Agency

Is it a medical collection?  My Mom has several on her report that look odd like that.  Her's are medical collections.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes....it's a medical bill. I just don't understand why they can be listed on my report with a name like that. the "original lender" is "not known"
Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Check the bottom of your report. Is there an address associated with that name?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

as far as i can tell myfico doesn't provide addresses. this account is only listed on the 'collections' page and nowhere else....there is no associated address.
Message 5 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Right.. you need to get your report from the CRA to get the addresses.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com to obtain all three credit reports.  You're entitled to one free report each year by law.   I just took a gander at my Mom's "official" credit reports obtained from that site and the name of the collection agency is there but the original creditor is not listed, probably due to credit reporting and HIPAA laws.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
There is a Collection Agency listed under "Collections" called 458yc000000. though i think i know what the account is and it may be legit, is this collections listing legit? 458yc00000 seems a little suspicious. can i dispute this?
EQ bureau

Sheesh...Microsoft must have bought out those agencies.

"Module COLLECTIONS.DLL has generated Error Code 458cx002B4E11A0. This Credit Report will now close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny.  Too bad it wasn't the blue screen of death so that the collection could be wiped out forever.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't wish for that. It will come back with 3 instances--2 written to the registry, and one now embedded in the kernel.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.