Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC State Tax Offer in Compromise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NC State Tax Offer in Compromise

Hello,

I wanted to know does anyone have any experience with the NC DOR Offer in Compromise program. I would assume that it works similiarly to the IRS Offer in Compromise program. I played around with the calculator for the IRS program and it said that I didn't qualify because I have assets that are more than the debt (not much more), so I was wondering would the NC program work the same way. Also, that calculator didn't let me input income which right now is $0. The little bit of assets I do have is to live off of until I get back to work. So I guess my questions are:

1. Even though I have assets that are more than the debt, would they take into account that I'm not working?

2. I'm getting final notices, so should I set up a payment plan while going through the Offer in Compromise process so that it doesn't go to collections?

3. What is the likelihood of a debt less than $5k going to collections in the next 2-3 months when these back taxes are from 2011 and 2012?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: NC State Tax Offer in Compromise

I didn't qualify because of my bankruptcy and had 0 debt. They did set up a payement that was like $50 a month for a year, and they waived all late fees. They didn't charge interest as I remember.

Since you're not working, they may give you a stay until you get back on your feet.

Hope everything gets better for you.

Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.