Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO/22-FMCC ?

tag
Migraine
New Contributor

NCO/22-FMCC ?

If acct in August 2001 by FMCC was sold to NCO/22,wouldn't that be the same account? Both are showing on my reports under different numbers but it's the same.If so,can I dispute it for being a double,which one would I do and how should I word it? thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO/22-FMCC ?

Sadly, no.

What you are seeing is the original creditor's acct. and a collection agent's account. What the data on your report is confirming to future lenders is that you were unable to settle the account with Ford, and so they charged it off as a bad debt and sent it to NCO for collection activity.

Therefore, these are two legitimate accounts.

I would try a PFD with NCO, though, then some kind of GW letter to Ford.
Message 2 of 5
Migraine
New Contributor

Thanks,the car was voluntarily released in mint condition so that should help with the gw letter
Message 3 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

yeah as neblitt said, that is the one of the really bad things about collections, you get the ding from the OC and you get athe ding from the CA.
Message 4 of 5
Migraine
New Contributor

Just wanted to update that I took a chance and disputed with "duplicate account" and NCO actually deleted it.*shocked* With my luck,it'll probably reappear at some point but wanted to let you know in case my experience can benefit someone else.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.