Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Collection DELETED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Collection DELETED!

Great news!

I had one unpaid collections account on my report, NCO FIN / 99 for $120.00.

I was considering PFD but I was kind of peeved because I have no idea what it is from.

I sent a simple DV letter to the NCO address listed on my CR via CMRRR.  I checked and they had received it on Monday at 7am.  On monday, at lunch time, I disputed with all 3 CRA.

I truthfully disputed the account to the CRAS as "unknown account" and one of them didn't have that option so I selected "not mine".  And in the comments section I wrote:

"I do not have an account with NCO or 1 1 internet. I do not owe $120. I am unfamiliar with this debt and these creditors, please investigate"

Tuesday night at 10:00 pm I get an email from Experian about the results of ths dispute.  Experian deleted the CA from my CR in less than 36 hours!  So much for having to wait 30 days, Woo hoo!

I am hoping that the other CRAs follow suit.

This is my first deletion, and my only CA.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by meg on 08-15-2007 09:06 AM

Message Edited by meg on 08-15-2007 09:07 AM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO Collection DELETED!

congrats! WTG!!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irvin wrote:
congrats! WTG!!

Thanks!
I am on cloud nine, this could not have come at a better time!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I am such an experian fan. They are on top of their job. I've been cleaning my credit for the past 6 months and they have gotten all my request taken care of within 1-2 weeks. Also, they removed my judgment. I don't know what I listed on my dispute but they removed it. Transunion and Equifax didn't. Equifax is the worst!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am starting to hate EQ, my score is down in the dumps compared to the other two, and they seem slow and mean.
I hope they are fast with this NCO thing.

Message Edited by meg on 08-15-2007 10:11 AM
Message 5 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

icecream27 wrote:
Yes. I am such an experian fan. They are on top of their job. I've been cleaning my credit for the past 6 months and they have gotten all my request taken care of within 1-2 weeks. Also, they removed my judgment. I don't know what I listed on my dispute but they removed it. Transunion and Equifax didn't. Equifax is the worst!

I am at the opposite end.  I have been having problems with experian.  They seem to not want to investigate any of my disputes.  The other two deleted information but not experian.  Currently I am not concerned with them.  I am getting the other two up so my middle score will be over 620.  I need to get into a new house by November.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

TODAY THEY ARE GONE FROM ALL 3 CRA!
I can't wait for my score jump!!!

YIPPEE!
Message 8 of 14
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

Congrats Meg!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

meg wrote:
I am starting to hate EQ, my score is down in the dumps compared to the other two, and they seem slow and mean.
I hope they are fast with this NCO thing.

Message Edited by meg on 08-15-2007 10:11 AM

Same here - a NCO paid collection, gone from EX and TU but still on EQ. GrrrrrrrrrSmiley Mad
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.