Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO Financial no longer on CR

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

NCO Financial no longer on CR

Got an alert today about a change to EX. After looking I found they are no longer on my report. Also, Midland is now reporting a 0 balance. I do not know why or how, but I am very happy. For the moment.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO Financial no longer on CR

Great news!!!!
Message 2 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

NCO is gone, it was  a 2003 debt but I got NO score increase!

I was so hoping that getting NCO would boost my score but it stayed flatlined in the 590's.

What happened?

atlast...and still, confused
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such an old debt likely wasn't hurting your score. If that was your oldest account, when it was dropped, you lost a little on your average age of account and total credit history ratings. This may have offset the slight gain in FICO.

Look forward, not back: do you currently have at least three or four accounts in good standing? Are your credit card balances less than 10% of the limits? If not, these are the things to work on...
Message 4 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Thanks NWM.  I needed a pep-talk.

The NCO was the easiest of the three collections.  The next one is Midland, my nemesis.  The final one is brand new, reported only in December and is PIF but they're saying they won't delete.

It's a medical, the newest, and hurting me the most, since it was a confluence of errors on everyone's part: me, the provider, my insurance and the billing agency.  I am hopeful I'll get it off of the reports sooner rather than later.  Any suggestions would gladly be taken for getting rid of something that one only noticed because of pulling a report and that was PIF within 10 days of the report pull.

Midland I'm considering getting an attorney to resolve.  It may be worth it to lower my blood pressure.

Looking forward, a good idea.....
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The NCO account was a year old account. I do not know why it fell off but I am sure it will be back. I got a 5 point increase for now.
Message 6 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Ok, now that NCO is off all my reports I can say it:  Lisa Signore at NCO is a pleasure and absolutely the most professional person I've had any experience working with in my journey to credit health.

I'm not sure I am doing her a kindness by mentioning her name, but it's all over these fora (grin).

The NCO collection clearly wasn't hurting me but my conscience feels good having it out of my life, paid in full and put to rest.

atlast....looking forward
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.