Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO/Medclear is ruining my credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO/Medclear is ruining my credit.

OK. I know I am not the only person having problems with MedClR/NCO, but can someone please help me find a lawyer or some resource to deal with them?

I just received an alert that my score had dropped 40(!) points, so I log in to see the changes and my report listed two items.

1) That my Chase balance was showing overdue past 120 days, which wasn't correct. I always pre-pay this card and keep the balance low. I spoke to Chase and they didnt show anything overdue and the representative sent a message to their people to fix this error. She told me I should recieve a letter in 10 - 12 days

2) The second item is something I had seen on my credit report before, and attempted to fix previously -- something from NCO showing balance $0 on a paid collection account. I will just cut and paste what it says.

Previously reported
Balance: $0
Past due: Not on Record
Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Last activity: 8/1/2003
Opened: Not on Record
High credit: $33
Description: Medical
Paid collection

Balance: $0
Past due: Not on Record
Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Last activity: 8/1/2003I

I have no problem paying something I owe, but I don't trust these people at all, and they have no way of justifying $265. I would pay if they could prove that they will take this information off my report, but is this really the smart move?

I called them and got a complete run around. Transferred to four different people all who asked me for my FULL Social Security number. There is something ridiculously suspicious about a company that I've never spoken with or dealt with in my life asking me for this type of information.

The first three people had no information for me. The last one tried to tell me that I still owe $265, even though the previous three told me that they show that I paid this bill last year, which is impossible.

What am I supposed to do about this?

Any help is appreciated...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO/Medclear is ruining my credit.

DV them!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? I have to ask them to validate a balance of $0? or do I put the value in the high balance? Also, what is the fastest way to get this off my credit? If I pay the $33 or $250, will they take it off my reports?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

By placing this on your report they are saying it is a debt - whether now at $0 or at $1,000,000... they have to provide proof that they have a right to do this otherwise every CA could hit us up for accounts with $0 balances and collect $1 to get them off and make lots of money.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for helping Lady Scarlet! I guess this is standard practice for CA's then? Claiming to try to collect on something, and somehow making money on that burden? Oh well... I will send a DV letter this week. Does it matter that they keep changing the reporting dates on these accounts? The info from a July report is completely different from the ones I saw this week.
Message 5 of 6
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Dispute, dispute, dispute!!  I just had 2 collections from them removed.  Yayy!!  At 1st, the Experian ones came back as verified, but I disputed again and they were deleted.  Yayyy!! 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.