Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO and Transunion: Hard Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO and Transunion: Hard Pulls

I had a credit card account turned over to NCO about 6 yrs ago from when I lived in another state. It was due to fall off by Spring next year .  However for the past 8 months NCO has been sending me settlement letters (nothing significant) then in August, I noticed a hard pull only on TU.  I didn't want to dispute because I wanted sleeping dogs to lie.

Last month, I got a letter of settlement from a different CA stating that they had bought my account from NCO and for me to contact them.  Of course I didn't.  Now, I just pulled my True Credit reports and it's not on my credit file.  I don't know what to make of that.  In addition, my scores didn't change, they remained the same.

Any ideas what could be going on ? Dare I hope that the account over $20k(more than doubled from interest) had been deleted?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO and Transunion: Hard Pulls

Please tell us you sent a DV to the new CA within 30 days?

Are you past SOL?

TC scores do not mater.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the letter this week.  I didn't know what to do so I haven't responded.  I believe it defaulted definitely in 2001.  In the state that I lived in when it defaulted, the SOL is 3 yrs, in Fl where I'm not, it's 5 yrs I believe  so I think that I'm pass the statute of limitations. The letter did state that I had 30 days to dispute.  should I DV even though today it looks as if it was deleted of my credit files?

Also, I don't want to start a lawsuit as the amount is some $20k and there is no way that I can pay or afford to be garnished.  Would the DOLA be on my credit file and isn't that the date that the SOL starts? Also, which state's SOL am I under, the one where I defaulted in 2001 or where I reside now?

I appreciate all responses especially if the conscensus is that I should DV.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be past SOL - but speak to an lawyer or your states AG to be sure.

SOL starts either LAST PAYMENT or when it went default (Usually 60 days) (a few states vary a little on this)

I would DV the NEW CA-either way. They can not attempt to collect without VALIDATING (after several years it makes it more difficult to prove/get the paperwork)

DV in within the 30 days preserves your rights under FDCPA-

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got the letter this week. I didn't know what to do so I haven't responded. I believe it defaulted definitely in 2001. In the state that I lived in when it defaulted, the SOL is 3 yrs, in Fl where I'm not, it's 5 yrs I believe so I think that I'm pass the statute of limitations. The letter did state that I had 30 days to dispute. should I DV even though today it looks as if it was deleted of my credit files?
Also, I don't want to start a lawsuit as the amount is some $20k and there is no way that I can pay or afford to be garnished. Would the DOLA be on my credit file and isn't that the date that the SOL starts? Also, which state's SOL am I under, the one where I defaulted in 2001 or where I reside now?
I appreciate all responses especially if the conscensus is that I should DV.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I checked my EQ report and the DOLA is 10/2001, date of last payment is 07/2004 although I don't recall making anypayments past the end of 2001, I'm pretty sure. The new collection agency is Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC, P O Bx 12914, Norfolk, Va 23541. Prior to this, I believe another CA bought this account about 5-7mths ago. I don't know but I get the feeling that these are all subsidiaries of NCO Financial. The other address listed on Portfolio recovery letter is Dept 922 Box 4115, Concord, CA 94524- this looks like a NCO address. Experian has this collection due to fall off 10/2008. Would it still be wise to DV seeing that it is due to fall off so soon?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it is past SOL- as of last month.

Make your own decision on this- I would send the DV if I knew the SOL was over.

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, I checked my EQ report and the DOLA is 10/2001, date of last payment is 07/2004 although I don't recall making anypayments past the end of 2001, I'm pretty sure. The new collection agency is Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC, P O Bx 12914, Norfolk, Va 23541. Prior to this, I believe another CA bought this account about 5-7mths ago. I don't know but I get the feeling that these are all subsidiaries of NCO Financial. The other address listed on Portfolio recovery letter is Dept 922 Box 4115, Concord, CA 94524- this looks like a NCO address. Experian has this collection due to fall off 10/2008. Would it still be wise to DV seeing that it is due to fall off so soon?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.