Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO - phone deletion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO - phone deletion?

anyone ever get a PFD over the phone with NCO? I just got one with Aargon last week...

NCO sent me a letter about two months ago and I did a PFD via email to this guy listed here on the forums. About 2 weeks after i sent the email.... it is now a new collection account on all 3 of my CR's. They were not there before. I guess I ticked him off??

I sent another PFD last week via snail mail... keeping my fingers crossed... but this new collection account hurt my score and I want it off. Anyone do a PFD over the phone?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO - phone deletion?

Hi overwhelmed,

The best way is to get a letter from the CA confirming the PFD deal, and it's best to get it via mail.  You want that written proof that the CA agreed to it, AND you have an envelope with their address on it so you have extra proof that they sent the agreement.

I've seen some posts from others who were able to do a PFD over the phone, BUT they requested a fax from the CA indicating that they agree to the PFD, AND they didn't pay the CA until they received the note in their hot little hands.

Whether you get a letter through the mail or by fax, you want them make sure that the agreement is written on paper containing the company's letterhead.    The reason why you want this is if you received the agreement on a plain piece of paper, the company can always claim that they didn't write the agreement.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.