Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO's response, but already off the CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO's response, but already off the CR?

Today we received a response from NCO. They state they purchased the account, they are licensed (but didn't provide #), name of original creditor, and amount owed. They did not send anything with DH's signature. He says it was a workers comp. case. The letter from NCO has his address at the time of service as one from at least 7 yrs before THAT and an insurance company we never had.

I'm not sure what to do here, because the weird thing is that this item is now gone from all credit reports. What happened there? Did they delete it before even responding to our letter? If I ask for more info from them, will they put it back on? I thought we should do a PFD since there's no evidence of workers comp on file with OC. But if it's already gone from the CR, will paying it start everything all over again?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO's response, but already off the CR?

BUMP?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is DOFD? Maybe it was scheduled to fall off?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter NCO sent back to us shows "date of service" as 05/16/03. TU report dated 2/25/08 says "est. date of removal" is 04/2010. But on reports from 03/2008 this item is not listed at all.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.