Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO - sent email for PFD, what now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO - sent email for PFD, what now?

I sent an email to the guy listed on this forum for NCO about ten days ago and I haven't had a response yet. Should I try again or send a PFD letter to the address listed for the CA? Anyone have any luck with NCO? This particular CA is killing my CR- even though it will be 7 years old in December.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RAISEUP
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO - sent email for PFD, what now?

I would honestly wait for that 7 year fall off period, I know how bad you want to get that score up my friend but being so close, unless you are in the process of a major purchase (house, car) hold off until december
~~~
Transunion 652 | 3/27/09-677 | 5/20-09 -683
Equifax 4/21/08 -609 | 5/4/08-632 | 12/26-08- 651 | 5/5/09 - 652
Experian 4/16/08- 613 | 11/08 - 646 | 3/27/09-673
~~~
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, i don't want to wait. I am looking to buy a house as soon as I get my credit cleared up and I also don't want to worry about the zombie debt. Besides, I can pay it, and it will fall off anyways in a few months, right? I still don't understand this whole starting over if you pay thing.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO IS SLIMY.
IF YOU PAY FOR DELETE, THERE IS A CHANCE THEY WONT DELETE.

THAT WILL BE ON YOUR REPORT FOR THE NEXT 7 YEARS AS THE DOFD WILL REAGE WITH PAYMENT.

Here is what I did on my recent NCO CA.
I sent a DV letter, very simple, that didn't include any identifying information.
I sent this CMRRR and waited until they opened it.
The day they opened it, I disputed with all 3 cra.

It was deleted with EX within 36 hours, and the other two about a day and a half later.

How is that for waiting?

Here is my post that has more info.

My advice to you, do not make any attempts to pay.
They are the lowest of low.
They do not benefit from keeping their word with you, and they aren't your average ethical company.
Not only that, but they did not respond to your PFD.
You need to have a few backup options, and as soon as they see you are an informed consumer, they will fold, because thye are always in trouble.  Even the CRA deleted it before waiting the full 3o days of DV because they are always reporting invalid junk debts.

Do not send them any money, they will hurt you.

Message Edited by meg on 08-21-2007 10:15 AM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you are saying but I am scared to do that b/c I don't want them coming back to me a few years later saying I owe this money. Have they come back to yoU>?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have not come back to me, but it was a recent debt.

If anyone tries to come back, it will be past the SOL terms, you should be ok.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, you should never pay a debt that cant be verified.

If it comes back validated, feel free to try PFD IMO.
They haven't responded to you yet, so why not try this while you wait?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.