Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED AMEX DELTA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED AMEX DELTA

I need Amex Delta. Credit usage is currently at 75% under Experian. Have paid $5000 on debt. All of pmts hasn't shown up yet on report. Usage was due to hubby being sick and had to use cards to maintain to stay afloat. Current Experian score is 627. I do have a pre-qualified offer that came in the mail. Expires in March. Anyone know if I stand a chance to still get the offer?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED AMEX DELTA

One son is getting married in April and will have to fly to venue. Another son is moving back to the states and will have to fly to go visit him. Wanting this card to build miles so I can visit both of them.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would let the $5k you've paid down post to your credit report and see what it does to your scores.

Might also see what other kind of improvements you can make to your score before applying. If you have small balances reporting on some cards, paying those to $0 could be a big boost. If you have any cards reporting maxed out (over 89% util) paying those down could be good for a lot of points as well.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

627 score, 75% revolving util, id say its a no.  How much actual debt are you carrying vs your yearly gross income?  If its over 30 percent its a definite no.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No house mortgage, it's paid for. Have a car loan. Rest is CCs. I can pay more on CCs. Total credit all together is 25,000. Income is now almost triple that amount.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

25,000 credit, not what's owed.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats owed in total still?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can actually pay off 2 cards that would leave 3 cards 0 balance. I have 6 total.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

16,000 owed.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that before or after the 5000 you paid.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.