Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: NFCU AR

My 90 days will be on the 16th of this month. My 3rd statement will cut by the 19th.  I had read that your best chance of a soft CLI was right after the AR. Is this too much time in between the AR and after 90/3 statements for it to be soft? 

Valued Member

Just made my 1st CLI request since opening in Sept. and went from 1,900 to 10,000! If you need me, I will be over here picking my jaw off the floor !! Thank you MyFICO Family !!

BK7 Disc 9/15 10/15 Starting Scores EQ-571 | TU-528 | EX-572 ---> 8/17EQ-651 | TU-657 | EX-665

Amazon Store 1,500 * BarclayAppleRewards 5,200 * Cap1 4,300 * Discover 4,100 * Eddie Bauer 1,050 * HSN 1,650 * Kohls 1,500 * NFCU 10,000 * Walmart 2,500 * Wayfair 2,900 * Wells Fargo 2,100 Total CL 36,800 Util% 18.7%

Established Contributor

$500 ----> $22,000

Hello new best friend  Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

did my first cli on my cash rewards after 2 years .. 17k -----> 25k

CSR | Freedom Unlimited | Freedom | Ink Business Preffered | Amex Everyday | NFCU Cash Rewards
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

They sure are not shy if given a little time with them that's for sure.

When i was first approved my start limit was just $4K (my lowest card) and after the AR they blew the roof right off.

And with only a SP? YES! The SP was a pure bonus in my eyes since i fully expected just the opposite.

So yeah, you have to keep an eye out for those NFCU AR's because they can be very good for you.

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had the CashRewards since Sept 2016, 3 statement cuts and had an AR on January 323rd this month. SL of 2,300.

Apped for a CLI yesterday, got the 24 hour review. Didn't call to stop it and received a HP on EQ.

Only a 2,700 increase. Scores have went up 40 points since getting the card. 10 baddies removed as well.

Disappointed in the pull with such a little increase.
Senior Contributor

Im going to be asked to walk the plank after this but i wish Penfed did this and with sp Smiley Sad, ok im in the ocean back to your regularly scheduled Navy programming....Smiley Wink
New Visitor
0 Kudos

I'm new to this.  How do you know if you had a AR?  I have had my card since August 2016.  I have not requestd a CLI or applied for another card.

Contributor
0 Kudos

This trick doesn't work for everyone.

I applied for a CLI seeking a SP increase. I received two hard pulls on my credit report (Transunion and Equifax) and a request for paystubs. When I submitted my paystubs, NFCU rejected them claiming they didn't show the appropriate medicare deductions and asked for tax returns. 

Will definitely think twice before poking the bear that is NFCU again.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Got a $12k cli on my cash rewards card. Starting limit was $4k. This was my 6th statement cut and requested an increase.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.