Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU AR

mrldp40 wrote:

any  truth that its now a experian AR ?

I just did a dispute for my EX and saw a SP from them on March 30.

NFCU cashRewards Signature Visa | NFCU goRewards Signature Visa | Lowes
Cap 1 Quicksilver | Sportsmans Guide Visa | Willliams Sonoma Visa | Discover it | Barclay Apple Rewards

FICO 8 EQ 662 / TU 657 / EX 635 May 2017
EQ 673/TU 668/EX 651 June 2017

In the garden as of 5/2/17
Super Contributor

prettylady wrote:

mrldp40 wrote:

any  truth that its now a experian AR ?

I just did a dispute for my EX and saw a SP from them on March 30.

Wow that's a switch. So now NFCU is using EX for its AR's.

FICO8 EQ 780 TU 762 EX 784 FICO5 EQ 722 Total revolving 405500
Valued Member

Would it be too late to ask for cli w/out a HP. Had my card since Oct.2016 and have yet to ask for cli
Established Contributor

charmessence wrote:
Would it be too late to ask for cli w/out a HP. Had my card since Oct.2016 and have yet to ask for cli

There is actually no way to ask for this.  The credit computer at Navy soft-pulls you roughly every 60 days, this is the AR.   Then when/if you request a CLI, one of 2 things happen:

1. The computer approves you based on the most recent AR - the length of time since the AR is not relevant.  If the AR on May 1 put you in a place the computer could approve, then it will approve you, whether you apply on May 5, May 25, or even June 25.  If the computer approves you, there will be no hard pull.

2. If the computer is not able to approve you, it will refer you to an analyst for HP and manual review.

The moral of the story, is to *always* be prepared for a HP when you push that button.

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here
Valued Member

Thx! Just requested the 25k cli and was hit with the 24hr review. I immediately called customer service and had the cli cancelled. Now should I wait a certain amount of time to request another cli or immediately request one at a lower amount?
Established Contributor

I would wait. Next AR should be around July 1...perhaps you will qualify then.

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here

With the CLI my limit is now $10,000 does this automatically become a visa signature? Does that make a significant difference?

Frequent Contributor

With Navy it starts at 5k I think
fico 08 as of june 19 2017 ex 579 tu 600 eq 568
navy fcu 1k cash rewards 375/1000 250 ssl bal 20
penfed 2 different oloc 500 each 300/500 0/500
credit one 0/450
mjc 0/5000
overstock.commenity 1229/2050
discover secured 180/300

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.