Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Line of Credit Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Line of Credit Application

I am not sure this is the right place for this post as it is not a credit card application, so I aologize if I posted incorrectly.

Yesterday I logged into my NFCU account & saw the 'Apply for Checking Line of Credit' link & finally decided to click on it.

I then completed the Overdraft Line of Credit Application and received the following response:

Your application is under review.
• Typically, a decision is made in less than 1 hour.
• You will be contacted shortly.
• In most cases, contact will be made via email or text.

That was yesterday around lunch. Today, I logged in and selected 'Check Status of Pending Loan Application' and the status still shows "Review in Process".

I take it that's not a good sign. I have received no email or anything about the application. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Line of Credit Application

Give them a call. They can tell you exactly what's going on.
Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

More than likely they will want 2 paystubs or something.

Message 3 of 14
gibeon
Established Contributor

I was approved last month, but my app said, "Review in Process" for about 10 days while I waited for the Note to come in the mail, then faxed it back to them, then waited a few more days.

You could always call in and ask abou it, if I were you!

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably need to wait until Monday as I am sure their loan department was closed Friday. You will probably get a text monday morning.
Message 5 of 14
NP27
Established Contributor

They were probably closed yesterday and most definately closed today.  My CC said under review for almost a week.  I called to let them know and minutes later it was approved and on its way.  So, I think you will hear something Monday or Tuesday.  Good Luck!

Message 6 of 14
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

i app about 2weeks ago, and mine said the same if you put in a cell phone number or email they will text/email you when your approved but the status may say under review. after being approved mine no longer said congrats your credit limit is____. i called and a rep told me for what amount. hope this helps good luck

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved my letter last Friday.

"RE: OVERDRAFT LINE OF CREDIT

Date: July 3, 2015

Thank you for the recent request for credit. After careful review and consideration we are unable to approve your request for the following reasons:
INCOME INSUFFICIENT FOR AMOUNT OF CREDIT REQUESTED
DELINQUENT PAST OR PRESENT CREDIT OBLIGATIONS WITH OTHERS"

.....(then included info on getting free copy of report).....

"We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision . Your credit score is a number that reflects
the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes .
Your credit score: 608
Date : 07/02/15
Scores range from a low of 334 to a high of 818
Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
38-SERIOUS DELINQUENCY AND DEROGATORY PUBLIC RECORD OR COLLECTION FILED
18-NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY
13-TIME SINCE DELINQUENCY IS TOO RECENT OR UNKNOWN
20-LENGTH OF TIME SINCE DEROGATORY PUBLIC RECORD/COLLECTION IS TOO SHORT
NUMBER OF RECENT INQUIRIES ON CONSUMER REPORT"

I was not offered a lower amount of line of credit or anything, just totally denied. 

I find this kind of strange since I was just approved for a $5,000 credit limit goRewards Visa, but....

just wanted to update you all

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could definitely try a recon.  I had the exact opposite happen with NFCU.  I applied for both the Navcheck and the goRewards card in November 2014.  The Navcheck was approved for $6000 but the credit card was declined.  I sent them a secure message asking them to recon the credit card (with an albeit rather lengthy explanation of what was wrong with my credit and my journey recentely to improve it).  They sent a secure message back saying they reversed their original decision and approved the goRewards for $500 (it's now upto $14,000) Smiley Very Happy

It definitely couldn't hurt.  As a lot of people on the forums like to say, you've spent the hard pull already, might as well fight for it to be approved!

Oz

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is NFCU?  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.