Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Personal Loan Offer

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

NFCU Personal Loan Offer

I know personal loan interest rates vary based on credit scores, etc. but what has anyone experienced with NFCU personal loans? Are the interest rates lower than their credit cards, higher or the same since they are both unsecured?  Just curious...

EQ and other CRA's state I need an installment loan to improve my credit scores and the NFCU personal loan came up on my NFCU offers.

Thanks!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Personal Loan Offer

I would recommend a secured loan with Navy.

You give them money and they loan it back to you at a ridiculously low interest rate. Plus you can use very little money if you want to - several hundred dollars.

The personal loans start at 9.9% and go up from there, the share-secured loans start at 2%-3%.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.