Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - hard pull to open savings??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - hard pull to open savings??

It's interesting this was brought up, as I just recently started asking questions about Ally online savings and checking accounts, and they told me just a savings would be a soft pull, however, a checking account would require a hard pull.

The really interesting part though is that Money Market accounts don't require a hard pull, even though you get free checks and debit card access, so in other words, you could still write tons of bad checks and overdraft, and never pay the bank back, yet only checking accounts are hard pulls.

When asking back to the rep why, her only reason was because checking accounts have BillPayer which allows you to schedule payments in the future, but MMAs do not.  Sad answer, but I guess it is what it is.

Message 11 of 15
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Why do the need to pull credit for a savings account. That makes no sense. I got my buddy to room with me a couple of months while he is off on training. I'll be able to join but don't want to do hard pull for another month or two so I can app for NFCU cc at same time. I've seen that if you do it this way they only pull once.

they will pull tu for membership and eq for cc. are the scores you listed below current? i only ask cause if they are in doubt with eq for cc they will pull tu also. if you have the chance to join then join. they are the best and i wouldnt let the inquiries bother you

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My TU is current but will update this week when cap1 starts reporting. I should gain another 10 or so points. My fako scores are current but my eq isn't. I'm ordering new reports 7/1.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
My TU is current but will update this week when cap1 starts reporting. I should gain another 10 or so points. My fako scores are current but my eq isn't. I'm ordering new reports 7/1.

i wouldnt bother with fako scores cause those dont mean anything. if your going to be dealing with nfcu then the equifax score that you can purchase here is your best bet cause nfcu uses the same scoring model

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I use fako to track activity. I know its not accurate. For example, my fako TU isnt showing my new WF cc that has already showed up on score watch. That with score watch gives me pretty good idea.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.