Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU new membership question

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

NFCU new membership question

I signed up online and used the immediate option to put $50 in my share account electronically. Then I printed and mailed them the Signature Certifications letter. I can't seem to decide if they need for me to mail in a paper copy of the application, too. Any ideas on this? I am able to log in and look at my share account.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU new membership question

Way I understood it was just had to send in the Signature Certifications letter.   Did you pay the $50 with a CC? If so how long after you submitted online did they charge your card.   They said I am in and I have the Signature Certifications letter to go out in the mail today but they have yet to charge my card.
Message 2 of 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

My card was charged the same day. I applied 07/09 and the charge has that date. I printed and mailed the Signature Cert. However, the rep I talked to thinks I need to send in a written application too. BTW there is no hard pull if you only apply for membership. I unchecked the checking account.
Message 3 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

When I applied, I did the same thing you did. I did not send in a hard copy of anything. Everything was done online. When they sent me my check cards, I think I had to confirm my ss number.......but, that was it.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Ok, thanks. I'll hold tight for now and see if everything is kosher. I already have access online and can see that my share has been funded. I suppose it will be be more obvious if they need more if I apply for a loan in a few months.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.