Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU queston

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU queston

So ive been wanting to open an account with navy federal, and both my late grandfathers were in the army, however when i went to apply for a checking account it asked for the last 4 of their ssn and said they needed a current account. Can i still join even though they are both passed away? and i dont believe either one was ever a member

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU queston

You would have to call or go to branch to join. Online is only for sponsors that have an account. To be eligible, one of your grandfathers would have had to retired from the military.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya actually i was able to get sponsored through a family member, I just signed up online =] Do you think with 570 EQ i would be approved for a credit card through them or NavCheck? Or would it be better to wait a while?

Message 3 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Honestly, I would wait till Equifax reaches at least 600. I havent seen very many approvals lower than that. Unless you are willing to go the secured route which may graduate after a year. I see you were just approved for a few cards. I would let them report for 3 months and then app Navy Fed. Congrats on your membership approval! Welcome to the fam. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ya, i didnt realize they did a hard pull just to open a checking account but i guess its too late now and worth it in the long run anyways, at least they let me in!

Message 5 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

The hard pull was for membership. No pull for savings and checking. But anything you app it will be a hp every time. But yes well worth it! Navy Fed was crucial to my rebuild! They set the bar for the other creditors to give me high limits. They were my first $10k card. LOVE them!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.