Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMAC Reporting Error

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NMAC Reporting Error

I paid off my NMAC loan in February 2007.  In August 2007 I received a credit alert from Equifax that I am currently 30 days past due on that same loan.   I called NMAC and spoke to a manager and she said that she would have it corrected within 15 days.   Well, when the correction came through all it did was confirm that it is a paid account.  The current status of 30 days late is still on there.  I disputed it through Equifax also and all that came back was that it was paid in full.  Still saying that it was 30 days late.  I received a letter from NMAC stating that they have sent the correction and stated that the only time it was 30 days late was back in 2004.   I called NMAC again and spoke to the same person and she stated that they are reporting it correctly and that it is Equifax that has it wrong.  Although Transunion is now reporting the same thing.  What can I do to get these idiots at NMAC to fix this mistake that they have created??
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: NMAC Reporting Error

Personally I'd send the letter you have from NMAC directly to the CRA's which are reporting the lates... nothing says you can't start a dispute and provide evidence from the creditor.  Better than waiting for NMAC to get their act together.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the people at NMAC are idiots....I had a truck with them that I unfortunately had to include in my BK. These fools are reporting it to the CRA's as "Charge off/Bad debt"

I have disputed with the CRA's and Equifax and TU have bene updated, but my Experian is still showing as a charge off! I recently sent NMAC a letter along with copies of my discharge papers and schedules showing that the debt was included, threatening to sue as they are reporting inaccurate info to Experian and also do not have the balance as 0. That's $1000 per fine!!

They better fix the problem. My EX score is suffering because of this.

Good luck in getting of corrected.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

NMAC is STILL reporting this wrong.  I have had this investigated three times by Equifax and Transunion.  I sent the letter from NMAC to Equifax (haven't heard anything yet) and Transunion who responded saying that they were not able to use the letter that I sent them and they will once again investigate it.   Every time that they investigate it the only part they update is that it is paid in full.  They seem to ignore the current status of 30 days late and that is the part that I ask them to investigate.  This has been going on since Aug 31st.

Any suggestions???
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV each bureau

If they haven't contacted NMAC directly - they are on the hook.  You can sue them and report to FTC.

Send a letter to NMAC's President - stating that it must be corrected with 3 business days or you will sue (it will get done then) - if not you sue them.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is MOV??  I thought about sending a letter to the pres but was not able to find a name or an address.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV= Method of Verification (see below)

google the company but look at business sites (like D&B, Inc, Hoovers, etc)that are returned.in the search.  You will find a name and contact info

CRA
ADDRESS
ADDRESS

Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

On __________ I filed a dispute with Experian regarding the account from _________ which appears on my Experian credit report. On ________ I received the results of the investigation stating that the account had been verified.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 611(a)(7), I am entitled to receive a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available.

Please mail this information to me at the address below:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

(TYPED NAME)

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lady S!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Equifax and they said that when they sent me my new credit report in the mail that the MOV information was on there which it wasn't and said that they couldn't do anything else. 

Transunion won't accept the letter from Nissan stating that I'm not currently late.  

Will this nightmare that Nissan caused ever end??
Message 9 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MOV is sent to the CRAs and not a CA or any creditor.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.