Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Effect on my Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO Effect on my Score

I have disputed a few duplicates and such on my credit report. Thanks to advice and posts here. a few of the changes have been made, 2 duplicates came off, and a few inqs fell over the year mark. However, NO change in my score? Could my credit really be that screwed up? Only negatives, and lots of Collections.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NO Effect on my Score

Did you buy an updated score\report?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a FICO score, but my TC scores have not budged, and it has been a few days since the changes were made to my CR.
Message 3 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would suspect your FAKO to change...  but they are FAKOs afterall. Smiley Happy Are you using TC? Did you pull an updated TC report?
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me recently. A duplicate collection was deleted, 1 bad account was deleted and a paid collection was deleted and my TU Fako score went down 1 point. Hopefully it will go up as these negatives came off. It has been two days.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
I would suspect your FAKO to change...  but they are FAKOs afterall. Smiley Happy Are you using TC? Did you pull an updated TC report?

I am using TC and pulled an updated score early this am. No change..... very frustrating as if my score (472) is not bad enough, changes are not helping me!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP
Message 7 of 16
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

your % utilization can play a role in this as well...
i noticed that if i have more than 50% of my credit card used,..any positive changes to my report are held back to a minimum or no change at all

also,..one collection on my TU report seems to be causing me to go nowhere with my score
its stuck @ 557 while my other 2 are soaring and gaining each month
this co is the only difference between my reports,...INQ/Lates/ etc, are all pretty much the same

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man trying to learn all the "rules" to this "game" gives me a friggin headache. Maybe I should just take my bill money and buy lottery tickets. After all if I win 300 million dollars, who need credit? (kidding)......mostly
Message 9 of 16
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

i'm still learning,..and by no means have all the answers
that is what I've experienced so far with my scores

do you have any Collection Accounts still on your report?
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.