Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Effect on my Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO Effect on my Score

my situation is similiar believe it or not I had 6 PFD the beginning of last month and my CC is at 4% 2 Inquireys and my score still holds low,,,,man I thought once I got these paid off my score would increase quite a bit,,,the most has been 20 points....I have 2 CO that are paid in full but I couldnt get PFD so I guess thats it.  Its sad I make over 140k a year and I couldnt qualify for a freaking walmart gift card...because of a job loss 3 years ago hahaha...I offered sallie mae a full payment on my student loans plus an extra 30% to remove the lates and they wouldnt take it..everything in life is Negotiable with $$$ just not your credit score..haha
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If CA's were years, my report could vote if not almost drink legally.
Message 12 of 16
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

jaguls66 wrote:
If CA's were years, my report could vote if not almost drink legally.

Smiley Surprised  i think you have your answer right there
i would try working on getting some of them removed
try a GW letter first, which probably won't work, but it's the free way
then try a PFD letter gradually, that's if you want to get them removed before they expire

never pay them and then ask for it to be removed after they have your money,..
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent out a Few PFDs last week, opened up 2 secured cards. See what the PFDs get me by next week hopefully.
Message 14 of 16
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

you're on the right track then

those cards won't help much at the get go,.but they will gradually boost your score more as time goes on
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

trying to get from 472 to 550+ by Feb. 08.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.