Frequent Contributor

NO Effect on my Score

I have disputed a few duplicates and such on my credit report. Thanks to advice and posts here. a few of the changes have been made, 2 duplicates came off, and a few inqs fell over the year mark. However, NO change in my score? Could my credit really be that screwed up? Only negatives, and lots of Collections.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NO Effect on my Score

Did you buy an updated score\report?
Frequent Contributor

Not a FICO score, but my TC scores have not budged, and it has been a few days since the changes were made to my CR.
Moderator Emeritus

I would suspect your FAKO to change...  but they are FAKOs afterall. Smiley Happy Are you using TC? Did you pull an updated TC report?
Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me recently. A duplicate collection was deleted, 1 bad account was deleted and a paid collection was deleted and my TU Fako score went down 1 point. Hopefully it will go up as these negatives came off. It has been two days.
Frequent Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
I would suspect your FAKO to change...  but they are FAKOs afterall. Smiley Happy Are you using TC? Did you pull an updated TC report?

I am using TC and pulled an updated score early this am. No change..... very frustrating as if my score (472) is not bad enough, changes are not helping me!
Frequent Contributor

BUMP
Regular Contributor

your % utilization can play a role in this as well...
i noticed that if i have more than 50% of my credit card used,..any positive changes to my report are held back to a minimum or no change at all

also,..one collection on my TU report seems to be causing me to go nowhere with my score
its stuck @ 557 while my other 2 are soaring and gaining each month
this co is the only difference between my reports,...INQ/Lates/ etc, are all pretty much the same

Frequent Contributor

Man trying to learn all the "rules" to this "game" gives me a friggin headache. Maybe I should just take my bill money and buy lottery tickets. After all if I win 300 million dollars, who need credit? (kidding)......mostly
Regular Contributor

i'm still learning,..and by no means have all the answers
that is what I've experienced so far with my scores

do you have any Collection Accounts still on your report?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.