Valued Member
motoracer

Re: NO Effect on my Score

my situation is similiar believe it or not I had 6 PFD the beginning of last month and my CC is at 4% 2 Inquireys and my score still holds low,,,,man I thought once I got these paid off my score would increase quite a bit,,,the most has been 20 points....I have 2 CO that are paid in full but I couldnt get PFD so I guess thats it.  Its sad I make over 140k a year and I couldnt qualify for a freaking walmart gift card...because of a job loss 3 years ago hahaha...I offered sallie mae a full payment on my student loans plus an extra 30% to remove the lates and they wouldnt take it..everything in life is Negotiable with $$$ just not your credit score..haha
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

If CA's were years, my report could vote if not almost drink legally.
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

jaguls66 wrote:
If CA's were years, my report could vote if not almost drink legally.

:smileysurprised:  i think you have your answer right there
i would try working on getting some of them removed
try a GW letter first, which probably won't work, but it's the free way
then try a PFD letter gradually, that's if you want to get them removed before they expire

never pay them and then ask for it to be removed after they have your money,..
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Sent out a Few PFDs last week, opened up 2 secured cards. See what the PFDs get me by next week hopefully.
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

you're on the right track then

those cards won't help much at the get go,.but they will gradually boost your score more as time goes on
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

trying to get from 472 to 550+ by Feb. 08.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+