Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RESPONSE FROM DISPUTE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO RESPONSE FROM DISPUTE

I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but I can not seem to find the answer I need.  I filed a dispute with EQ on 2/28/08.  I got my report that day, used the letter from the website, and mailed it the same day.  What should I do now?  Oddly enough, their score is slightly higher than the other 2. 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO RESPONSE FROM DISPUTE

It's only been 29 days since you mailed it.  Be patient.

They have 30 days to investigate, and you also have to account for time in the mail.  (This is one reason it's best to dispute via CMRRR.  You know exactly when they received it, so you know when the 30 day clock starts ticking.)

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can take up to 30 days to respond from date they rec'd your dispute, if you filed based on copy of CR pulled directly from CRA. Then you have to allow for 7-10 days mail time to receive their response. If you have all INFO you can call them get results over the phone if investigation has been completed. I would still request a hard copy of all dispute results. Then you will have a paper trail for future reference.

As far as different scores, not all CRA's necessarily report the same info. Check all CRA's for inaccuracies in reports. Pull directly from each CRA.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In certain cases, they have an additional 15 days also.

Be careful calling, they could consider it "additonal information" and add days to the time they have.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - I will just wait it out then.  EQ was the only one with inaccuracies on accounts. It is a Suntrust mortgage in good standing - but still is not my debt.  It could possibly be a mortgage left from my very first (very young) marriage.  I filed a Quit Claim Deed during the divorce, and have not had it show up before now - if that is it.   My ex has had some real problems over the years, so it's hard to believe it could still be in good standing. I would think he has refinanced several times since then as well.   I did have to correct birthdate and phone number on one of the the others.  Thankfully, there are no negative entries on any of my reports. 

Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISPUTE LETTER CAME YESTERDAY - AND IT IS NOT GOOD!

Well, I finally got the response from Equifax.  Suntrust determined that it is indeed my debt, and it is in fact the mortgage loan from 1983 with my ex husband that I divorced in 1985.  Unfortunately, I was lead to believe by my divorce attorney that by filing the Quit Claim deed that I would be relieved of all obligation to the mortgage payments.  WRONG!  All it did was relinquish my rights to the property, but would still have to pay for it if he should default on the loan. 

To make matters worse, in 1993 I was forced to file ch 7 after my second divorce - he filed BK before I knew it and got all of our debt piled back on me.  The problem is I did not KNOW that I owed this debt, and did not list it in my bankruptcy. 

My current attorney tells me that the only thing I can do to clear it is to convince him to refinance the mortgage.  I doubt that he could qualify for a loan.  I am shocked that this is the first I have heard of it.  He has had lots of problems over the years - out of work for months at a time.  Seems if I was obligated for this debt they would have come after me then!! 

Please offer any helpful advice you may have.

PS - BTW, I finally found a good husband this time. - very responsible, decent man.Smiley Happy And my credit scores are from 787 - 809 - at least it was on 2/28/08!!!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received the results of the investigation results from Equifax, but no change in the items that I disputed:  corrected name and address, name of employers and double entry for an old HSBC auto loan included in BK.  It's a little harder to deal with them.  Dispute page is not user friendly as compared to TU's page.  I was able to correct these errors with little effort doing it online with TU.  Equifax report also looked really cheap, very small letters and overall not good.  Is there any way to send them feedback about this?  

Also, can one dispute creditor items which used wrong info such as address or phone number? have them deleted perhaps?

Message Edited by workmywayup on 04-15-2008 09:56 AM

Message Edited by workmywayup on 04-15-2008 09:59 AM
Message 7 of 9
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

First off, do NOT dispute any CRA online, send CMRRR letters, so you have a specific paper trail and A HUMAN will look at the dispute. In today's computerized/digital age, the ease of using electronics to do what we want as a manual review isn't going to happen if you initiate the complaint.

Second of all,  you can track the specific dates between with a CMRRR letter, and you issue letters to the CRAs to get them to delete if they fail to comply in time
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A LITTLE CONFUSED HERE......

I'm sorry - I'm a little confused.  Because I used the form letter on the fico site and printed it out and MAILED it first class mail is this not the same as responding directly by mail?  - except for the certified mail.  I did keep copies of all with copy of postmarked envelope for my own records.  I did receive a printed report - as someone said earlier it looks very cheap and hard to read. 

Then I did call the bank and spoke with a human being who is now researching for the documents that she could not find when I called.  She is to call me back by May 4th. 

So .......... did I handle this all wrong?  Except for the certified mail - the outcome would still be the same.  Even if they did have to remove it due to compliance deadline - the fact would still remain that Suntrust could come after me if this loan becomes delinquent If it is in my credit report or not. Then it would go right back on my report - Right??
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.