Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NRA Visa Not Away Anytime Soon

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

NRA Visa Not Away Anytime Soon

I had some fraud charges last week on my NRA Visa from FNBO.  I had to get a new card issued, and while speaking with the CSR, I asked about how soon the NRA contract was up because it was on the news that FNBO was not going to renew it. 

The CSR said, that as far as they've been told, it is still 3-5 years away before the current contract is up.  She added that even when the contract is up, that there were no plans to eliminate the cards from current cardholders, and that it would just become an unbranded FNBO Visa.  Of course, that's just one CSR data point.. so take that for what it's worth.

Hopefully the reward structure will stay the same, but of course there's no way to know that now.  I was thinking about getting the Ducks Unlimited Visa and then transfering my limit from the NRA card to that, but there doesn't seem to be any rush.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: NRA Visa Not Away Anytime Soon

In other news, I got my first statement... and have yet to receive my $40 statement credit, "with first purchase."

Waited on hold for approx. 45 minutes while a clueless rep researched it. Naturally, the frontline rep couldn't locate any materials, probably due to them shift deleting pretty much every piece of marketing associated with this card, including the whole dang website, that is still prominently listed on my statement.

Talk about haphazard. They should be sued - solely for taking down a website for an active product. That's totally ridiculous, and a dereliction of duty.

That said, the second supervisor got on the phone and basically said that he thinks the $40 credit typically comes out at the end of the month. I was sure to point out that I've already made several purchases, and received a full statement, without the advertised credit. So, it's not exactly a, "first purchase credit," now is it?

Nevertheless, the second supervisor left a message to call back, and the notes left on the computer - basically stated the same thing.

Look, alls I know is that, one way or another, I had better have my promised $40 SUB by the end of the month, as promised; whether they have to manually input it, or what.

But, just the thought that they've totally moved on, to the point that reps aren't even aware of the existing offers... is a bit over the top.

I shouldn't have to keep a backup copy of my sign-up bonus, when I'm clearly not the only customer that was offered it. I was like, how can a bank forget what they offered everyone on the same product? Get someone else on the line until you find someone that isn't forgetful. lol I didn't really say that, but I wanted to. - But, what I did say was, "please put a supervisor on the line; because, at a certain point I will have wasted more than $40 worth of time on this."

So, I say this to say that, they certainly aren't acting like they have any more years on the contract... not even a single day.

They had me on the total run around, waiting for callbacks for them to consult with their marketing department. Total chaos. I mean, it shouldn't be hard for a supervisor to issue a measly $40 manual credit... based on their own misgivings; without making people play musical chairs with their entire clueless staff.

Message 2 of 9
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@dlister70wrote:

I had some fraud charges last week on my NRA Visa from FNBO.  I had to get a new card issued, and while speaking with the CSR, I asked about how soon the NRA contract was up because it was on the news that FNBO was not going to renew it. 

The CSR said, that as far as they've been told, it is still 3-5 years away before the current contract is up.  She added that even when the contract is up, that there were no plans to eliminate the cards from current cardholders, and that it would just become an unbranded FNBO Visa.  Of course, that's just one CSR data point.. so take that for what it's worth.

Hopefully the reward structure will stay the same, but of course there's no way to know that now.  I was thinking about getting the Ducks Unlimited Visa and then transfering my limit from the NRA card to that, but there doesn't seem to be any rush.

Perhaps, this is the reason I've had to call in on two separate occasions, from a gas station, due to their finicky fraud systems.

This is the other reason I've been really annoyed by their service on this card product. I mean, obviously, if I'm buying gas - at a gas station, on my gas card, that offers 5% cash back on gas... yes, I might by gas for both of my cars in the same day on it. - Otherwise, please don't bother me with unceremonious holds. It's annoying. I'll tell you when my card gets lost.

Message 3 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Sorry, but I think you are being unreasonable on both counts.

First, pay-at-the-pump is one of the most frequent kinds of credit card fraud.  You have a new card.  They're verifying it is really you.  If it were me, and my card was compromised, I would want the bank to catch it quickly rather than wait for me to catch it several weeks after the fact.

Second, there are a number of card issuers who take an extra month or two to pay the signup bonus.  Read some of the threads here before you accuse your bank of cheating you.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 9
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@trustywrote:

In other news, I got my first statement... and have yet to receive my $40 statement credit, "with first purchase."

I made my first purchase on Dec. 26th, and I received my $40 credit on Jan 25th, which ended up being on my second statement.  But I have also seen other offers of "spend $500 and get xyz" that took awhile to show up after spending the $500, so I just figured that it would get in there eventually or I'd call them about it. 

I wouldn't worry about it unless you haven't seen it show up after your second statement.

One thing that is nice about their customer service is that it's 24/7.  I noticed the fraud at like 9pm at night and was able to call them about it.  I'm not sure how unique that is in the credit card industry as I don't often have need to call, but I was impressed and pleased to find that there was someone answering the phone at night!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
trusty
Frequent Contributor

If it takes more than one purchase, or more than one statement to credit... than, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to call it something other than a, "first purchase credit."

Also, their potential fraud hold system is only protecting them, and not at all accommodating the customer. I had to call in twice from a gas station, on a gas card. The irony there is not even funny; but, it's definitely time consuming and inconveniencing.

Most banks have fraud reporting systems that you can call 24 hours. That's just standard credit card business practice.

But, couple the annoying put outs with the slow, "first purchase credit," that, their own reps couldn't even recall... is not exactly promising, going forward.
Message 6 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I think you should call the bank and close your card.  You clearly don't like the way it works.  You should find a better card.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@trustywrote:

Talk about haphazard. They should be sued - solely for taking down a website for an active product. That's totally ridiculous, and a dereliction of duty.

So sue them, stating whichever law it is that says that there has to be "a website for an active product", and that you are owed such a duty.....

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Come on people...  FSR link otherwise the thread is going to be locked/or removed and other actions will be taken.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.