Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS tax lien and TU

tag
ownpath

NYS tax lien and TU

Hello,

I have a paid NYS tax lien from 2007 reporting on my TU. This has dropped from being reported on Equifax and Experian since March 2014 which has fulfilled the 7 year SOL. However, TU has documented this will report until September 2015.  The State lien was filed on Mar 17, 2007 and the last status date is Sept 2008.  I paid the lien on the reported status date which is what TU has documented.  My question is can I request this be removed from my report at TU sooner than September 2015?  Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NYS tax lien and TU

Welcome to the forums!

It varies somewhat based on state law (see if you can get it withdrawn) but in general liens can stay on the report up to 7 years from the date they were paid.

In this instance, if you paid sometime in 2008, then TU technically has it right in 2015.   Sometimes liens come off early as sounds was the case for EX / EQ, and sometimes people have gotten a NYS lien removed.

Here's a quick and dirty search to some relevant NYS lien information on the forums, Google has others too:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3Arebui...

        
Message 2 of 3
ownpath

Re: NYS tax lien and TU

Thank you,...I searching through the post provided in your link.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.