cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name and address information at credit reporting agencies.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Name and address information at credit reporting agencies.

On my wife’s report, the address is wrong, and on my report, the address is correct, but it has a strange name for me, (T. 1 B. "Smith"*) and a “formally known as” with my correct name.

I looked over the Equifax site and just don’t see how to submit a change for this.

Thanks
TBR

I replaced my correct last name with Smith... It shows my correct last name, but the T. 1B. is what Im trying to correct.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Name and address information at credit reporting agencies.

TBR wrote:
On my wife’s report, the address is wrong, and on my report, the address is correct, but it has a strange name for me, (T. 1 B. "Smith"*) and a “formally known as” with my correct name.

I looked over the Equifax site and just don’t see how to submit a change for this.

Thanks
TBR

I replaced my correct last name with Smith... It shows my correct last name, but the T. 1B. is what Im trying to correct.

disputes it with the CRA....they might want proof....but I had them delete address and names with no questions asked.

Message 2 of 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

For names it's easier to just make a phone call, they'll do it right away.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HappyDays & Takunda1

I tried calling, and cant find a number that gets me anywhere with Equafax. Haven't tried the others.

I don't see any way to dispute, I guess I will look closer to the report, and read more on the site.

You think that this would be a easy one to fix, right?

TBR
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey  TBR try this: www.investigate.equifax.com   they recently sent me a report and this is how I got to their website to dispute...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.