Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name making a Differance

tag
George2037
Regular Contributor

Name making a Differance

I have the unfortunate problem of having a suffix on my name.  When I pull my FICO score I get one report, but when I pull my daily report from TU I get a totally differant report.  I've contacted all 3 CRA's and they say as long as my SS# is correct I shouldn't have any issues and then they start the run around.  I know this is not true because I pulled my reports/score from MyFico then 10 mins later pulled my TU report and they are differant, some of the same stuff some differant.  Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Name making a Differance

My FICO is Equifax, TU of course TransUnion. The differences in your name happens when lenders pull your credit with incorrect data, mostly when you apply over the phone. It does not effect your credit. You can be JR, SR, MRS, MR ect. However if you are JR and your farter was SR, live at the same address, and share the same banks, it could get crossed. Otherwise it's not a problem. In some cases a family member has used their children's or parents identity to get credit and that is how this could pop up.

But mostly it is just a mistake by the creditor.

You can easily fix this by opening a dispute online with all 3 CRAs, under identity, click the misspelled, or name with wrong extention, ect. And say not mine. They usually delete it with in 24 hours.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
My FICO is Equifax, TU of course TransUnion. The differences in your name happens when lenders pull your credit with incorrect data, mostly when you apply over the phone. It does not effect your credit. You can be JR, SR, MRS, MR ect. However if you are JR and your farter was SR, live at the
HEY, this is a family-oriented board  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 4
George2037
Regular Contributor

ilovepizza ~ I did that several years ago and it straightened everything out (even had some of my Baddies drop because they used the wrong name).  I guess it's something I'm going to have to do again and keep an eye on it.  haha, Experian at one point in time had my grandfathers stuff listed on my credit and he's been dead for 9 years Smiley Happy  I guess the drones punching the keyboard don't pay attention, and although it's the CRA's job to verify I'm going to have to watch them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.