cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasty Debt Collector Hung Up- Now What??

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Have you read this thread on Debt Validation?  You might get a lot of good ideas there.

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link.  I did read it and I'm a little nervous because I did ask her not to contact me at work but on the tape, you can clearly hear me in the middle of a sentence and she hangs up on me. 
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to say this...but...don't be mad a Capital One.

lol, let me clarify

At Amex we're unable to even access 99% of the account information.  The only thing we can do is provide the number to the O/A and see what date it was sent.  That's pretty much it.
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get mad easily but she refused to give me the information because I didn't want to provide my home phone number.  I think that she should have that info already and I have read horror stories about them so I was kinda guarded in that area.  I just asked her who the ca was and if she could give me the date that this supposed account was turned over to them. She had the info but refused to give it to me but as always, I was polite.  Maybe that's my downfall; maybe I need to become a b**ch on wheels.

Message Edited by nfg on 11-14-2007 04:55 PM
Message 34 of 40
Dawn
Established Contributor

Just curious here ... but have you lived in the same place and had the same phone number since the DOLA listed on your credit reports for this account?  I'm wondering why this is the first that you have heard of this account if they had current info on you ... they didn't try hard enough ... or couldn't find you? 

If I recall correctly, you've been working on a variety of other issues ... has the focus just been on things that had already been reported on  your credit report by CAs and you just hadn't gotten around to checking into this one yet?

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have lived in the same place and have had the same phone number since this account is showing open on my credit file.  I think they are trying so hard because it shows that the DOLA is 03/04 and the DOFD is 11/04. The SOL in my state is 4 yrs.  I'm not sure if that 4 years is up in March or Nov of 08.  The other issues I was working on were for my DH's report.
Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact of the matter is, I have never attempted to get out of something that I legitimately owe unlike some friends and relatives of mine who abused the bankruptcy thing. I really feel I don't owe this account and it makes me a little angry that these people I happen to know declared bankruptcy just to get out of paying accounts that were honestly theirs and accounts that they had the money to pay but just didn't feel like it.  Now I have always paid what I owed,sometimes late, but I have always paid and I am the one having a hard time get financed for that new car.  I drove myself and my kids around all summer in car with no air with temps near 100 degrees because I got denied for a car loan.  Meanwhile these other people get denied for nothing less than 2 years out of bankruptcy.  Sorry but I  had to vent for a minute.

Message Edited by nfg on 11-14-2007 05:25 PM
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

nfg wrote:
The fact of the matter is, I have never attempted to get out of something that I legitimately owe but I really feel I don't owe this account.

I definitely understand.  Just remember...don't take it personally when you speak with these people.  And no matter what route you take, do what you think is the best for your credit and for your conscience.  If you don't think you should pay it, then don't pay it.  Send the DV and make your decision afterward.
Message 38 of 40
Dawn
Established Contributor

nfg wrote:
The fact of the matter is, I have never attempted to get out of something that I legitimately owe but I really feel I don't owe this account.

Then ... watch your step and do what it takes to get the results you think you deserve.  Maintain your assertion that you don't believe the debt is yours and don't let them trick you into any action that will start the clock ticking again.
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

And make SURE you get a copy of that recording!!!!!!!!!
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.