cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City Identity Protect instead of TC....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National City Identity Protect instead of TC....

Well I got tired of only seeing my report about 35% of the days I update it. I also hadn't got an update to my EQ FAKO in about a month. So I signed up for National City Identity Protect.

Basically they resell TC but the layout isn't QUITE as nice as it is in TC (when it works) but everything else is there except the FAKO scores for EX and EQ. Now this isn't a big deal to me especially since the price is $8.95 a month and you get daily 3 in 1 reports and TU FAKO scores. I found the info on this on fatwallet.com in the finance section. Best part of this is....if you and a loved one are trying to monitor your credit you can do BOTH of your reports using this for a total of $14.95 and the first month as a single or for both of you is only $1.

If you are not a National City account holder it takes about 1-2 days to get the e-mail with access info. I signed up Friday afternoon and had my e-mail about lunch today. Here is the link to National City:

http://ncidentityprotect.com/IDN/(um2b1bzedx4kvivlqooahe55)/coverdell_login.aspx

Info you need to sign up:

Daily pulls are available and you don't need a National City account to be eligible.

Here are the promo codes:

766318 to enroll yourself
766319 to enroll you "and your spouse" (but i have a feeling this could be any second person)

Unlimited access to triple-bureau credit report. First 30 days - $1. Afterwards, $8.95/month or $14.95/month for "you and your spouse."

Hope this helps some people save a little money.

Message Edited by bamf70 on 08-31-2007 09:18 PM

Message Edited by bamf70 on 09-03-2007 09:51 PM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sick of TC?

You think you got it bad, I can't even get my three scores from them
and after talking to them They still can't fix it...
I am about to drop them too..
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amen....
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well since alot of people have been cancelled by TC recently I thought I'd give this a bump.

It has a few quirks but overall I like it and it's still only 8.95 vs 11.26 with TC. Not perfect but pretty good.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truecredit.com is $15 dollars. How do you get it for $9 dollars? How do I do it? Do they have a promotion code or something? Daily fako? Is not that bad. If you don't have nothing important on your credit report, it is better than Fico. Especially with a price of almost $50 dollars for the 3 credit report. Therefore, I think fako will work to everyone who does not have anything big coming up! I think all you got to do is to compare both once and seen the differences and than on do the math on your head.

Message Edited by Redamagon on 08-31-2007 08:23 PM

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Truecredit.com is $15 dollars. How do you get it for $9 dollars? How do I do it? Do they have a promotion code or something? Daily fako? Is not that bad. If you don't have nothing important on your credit report, it is better than Fico. Especially with a price of almost $50 dollars for the 3 credit report. Therefore, I think fako will work to everyone who does not have anything big coming up! I think all you got to do is to compare both once and seen the differences and than on do the math on your head.

TC is 14.95 from them, 11.26 using the WalMart link. This is National City Identity Protect. If you click the link in my 1st post you will see how to sign up for it. National City uses the TC "engine" but it's layed out just a bit different. It's $1 for the 1st 30 days then 8.95 after that. It does not give you FAKOs for all 3, only for TU. You can also sign up with a spouse/significant other for a total of 14.95 total for both and again the 1st month is $1.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Truecredit.com is $15 dollars. How do you get it for $9 dollars? How do I do it? Do they have a promotion code or something? Daily fako? Is not that bad. If you don't have nothing important on your credit report, it is better than Fico. Especially with a price of almost $50 dollars for the 3 credit report. Therefore, I think fako will work to everyone who does not have anything big coming up! I think all you got to do is to compare both once and seen the differences and than on do the math on your head.

I updated my original post to follow the forum rules so the link and information are there now Smiley Happy

Message Edited by bamf70 on 08-31-2007 10:42 PM
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Identity Protect

I just signed up, waiting for the email. Lets see how it goes. Actually I like TC because I only buy the TU CR's. Worried about splitting EQ. But for a few bucks, unlimited EQ when every I want might be worth it. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Identity Protect

I just signed up, waiting for the email. Lets see how it goes. Actually I like TC because I only buy the TU CR's. Worried about splitting EQ. But for a few bucks, unlimited EQ when every I want might be worth it. Smiley Happy

It's nice seeing the daily changes to all 3 reports.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody else using it now? I know a couple people have posted that they signed up....
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.