Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU and Bankrate (TU) Monitoring Alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy FCU and Bankrate (TU) Monitoring Alert

I got an alert from MyBankrate (TU report) stating my credit score decreased. I signed in and went to the alert and it showed the info below.  I have not had an account opened or closed by NFCU since November, 2016 when a new CC was opened (nothing ever closed).  This is not my account number to my card.  I don't know what this is. I checked NFCU and did not find any additions or closures on my account.

Any ideas what this is and how to proceed? Thanks.

Items Added to Your 03/31/2017 Report
 New Account Reported: NAVY FCU/406095****

This is a good thing with an initial potential dip. Initially new accounts hurt your score until utilization and payment history can be established.
Items Removed from Your 03/31/2017 Report
 Closed Account, NAVY FCU/40609554****, No Longer Being Reported

The credit history on this account was contributing to the average age of your accounts. Since this account has fallen off your credit report, the new average age of your accounts has changed.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU and Bankrate (TU) Monitoring Alert

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an alert from MyBankrate (TU report) stating my credit score decreased. I signed in and went to the alert and it showed the info below.  I have not had an account opened or closed by NFCU since November, 2016 when a new CC was opened (nothing ever closed).  This is not my account number to my card.  I don't know what this is. I checked NFCU and did not find any additions or closures on my account.

This is a good thing with an initial potential dip. Initially new accounts hurt your score until utilization and payment history can be established.

The credit history on this account was contributing to the average age of your accounts. Since this account has fallen off your credit report, the new average age of your accounts has changed.

I would pull your credit report for TU and the other two directly from a place like MF or creditchecktotal.com instead of relying on that alert. Third party site's often give out erroneous information.  Check them and depending on what they show we can offer advice.

Message 2 of 3
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy FCU and Bankrate (TU) Monitoring Alert

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call NFCU.  Looks like maybe there was a new CC issued while closing out your current CC.  When's the last time you used that card?  Maybe it was compromised and NFCU is correcting it.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.