cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Stolen Checks and Electronic Payments for someone else!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Federal Stolen Checks and Electronic Payments for someone else!

I had new checks that I ordered with new address stolen and someone actually cashed one for $2000. it's such a scibbled mess you can't make out any of it and EVEN Navy has no deposit information, signature, bank that took it, NOTHING!

I also had 3 Electronic Payments made out of my checking account to a womans CitiCard, Her full name, address and citi credit card number is on the electronic check!!!

I have asked Navy if she has her own account with Navy and maybe the account numbers are close enough... I'm holding out hope that she isn't just THAT STUPID to make 3 payments to her own credit card with all her own information (i'm also giving her the benefit of the doubt that she isn't the check writer) but since she lives less than 2 miles from me I'm loosing hope that she didn't purposefully do this.

The CitiCards payments are $700, $580, $350

So fast forward 2 days and I call Navy just now to ask about the money and my faxes signing that these are not mine and first rep tells me that department is closed and nothing will be done until Monday (While I don't much care about the cash this instant, I find it really silly that a fraud department is closed all the way through Monday) my phone dropped call, (that ended up being a good thing)

next rep looks at things and then comes back and says well the Check I can clearly see is not yours and even though we don't have the form yet I can put in the reverse NOW for the full $2k (however it won't clear the system until Monday) and you need to send an affidavit form not an electronic cancel form like I had been given previusly.

I said while I'm glad we have resolved this now and I have correct form and they can be sent in Monday, why are you the 4th rep that I have spoke to and the first person that has done anything regarding this actually be a forgery check vs the electronic payments and submitted the process for the refund~!?

I said that's kind of a question that you don't have to answer, it's resolved now so we can move on, just wanted to say it out loud Smiley Happy

I thanked her for actually understanding the prcoess and what needed to be done and call was over.

I love navy, but they rank up with Comenity reps most of the time in my experience... nice but just clueless more often than not of banking and credit!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal Stolen Checks and Electronic Payments for someone else!

CUs are great but they are staffed by amateurs.... I wish you well in getting this resolved Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

What a mess!   Good luck as you get it all straightened out

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 9
sunkissed
Established Contributor

What an awful start to your holiday weekend!  I hope this gets resolved quickly.  Please keep us posted.  Good luck.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 4 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Hopefully it gets all straightened out quickly.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 9
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

WOW sorry to hear this CA I just ordered my checks from Harland Clarke to i only used my first 2 initials and my last name on them no address to try and thwart any kind of fraud. But i didn't have them delivered with a delivery confirmation which now i am going to call and have it changed.

Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well this morning a new person at a different address still within 2 miles of me made a $900.99 Electronic Payment to a different Citicards so I had to close the entire account down :/

Luckily my rent check has cleared and any pending Bill Pays cleared and I was able to switch the others over to the other checking account with Navy so hopefully seamless process as far as no payments being returned that I want!

Now to recover the $2530.99 plus the $2k check that is already scheduled to refund back!!

Message 7 of 9
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

CA  did you make a police report seems like a easy investigation..

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy never asked me to but I'm going to Monday now anyway
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.