Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy checking questions?

tag
StillLearning
Valued Member

Navy checking questions?

DH was just accepted with Navy Fed last week, and has just turned in direct deposit paperwork.  In reading Navy's packet of information though, I'm not sure about their "availability of funds" policy.  His pay is normally in the bank and available first thing every Thursday, and earlier for holidays.  Will this be the case with Navy?  Will we have to allow for extra posting time?  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy checking questions?

I have direct deposit to checking with NFCU. My employer pays Fridays every other week. The deposit always shows "pending" on my NFCU account on Thursday and is available in full the correct day (Friday). Also any transactions posted on Thursday night (debits) are taken after the deposit credit. I don't run close to zero in my account (and I have a 5K LOC for overdrafts) but if I did the order of credit / debit would keep me from paying OD fees.

Also if due to holidays the payroll goes early it is available early.

NFCU ROCKS!!!

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
GB44
Contributor

+1

My Navy direct deposit always posts on a specified date................While my other CU posts the date of receipts. For me, it always results in a 1 day lag with Navy.

Message 3 of 6
StillLearning
Valued Member

Thanks!  Guess we'll just have to wait and see! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about civilian direct deposit, but for military DFAS tells the bank which day to make the money available.  Of course, many banks don't listen and post as of day of receipt.

Message 5 of 6
StillLearning
Valued Member

Thanks for the response - it sounds like it will be business as usual, hopefully we will find out this Thursday Smiley Happy   Now, if only they'd respond to my membership application - the wait is killing me Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.