Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice: Should I apply for credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice: Should I apply for credit

Hey all-
here's a snapshot of my credit right now.  about a yr and a half ago, my scores were terrible...mid 5s and lots of lates, a chargeoff or two and 3 collections....I had some health issues and was laid off...credit history and credit score maintenance wasn't at the top of my priority list.  I was naive.
as of now, i have only one chargeoff remaining and one late payment remaining (altho these accts are closed)...all other things have been deleted and my ficos are 719EQ, 718EX and 701TU
I'm getting ready to get a mortgage and will be closing on a house in the next 90 days....
I currently have one CC 1500 CL, an acct w/ Dell 3K CL...these are always PIF every month.  My UTIL ratio is practically non-existent b/c I PIF now every month.
Would it benefit me to apply for something like the Hooters card?  Would that addl credit spike my scores any?  I'm trying to get my scores a little higher for my final mortgage rate pull and wouldn't ind having the add'l credit.  Obviously, it would bring my avg age of acct down...but any advice anyone could give as to how this might impact my scores would be greatly appreciated.
Also, doesn't Hooters pull TU?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.