Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need CRA (collection agency) address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need CRA (collection agency) address

Finally found out who is calling everyone in my family. It is CRA. Unfortunately, I do not have their address because they are not reporting to any of the cra's.  Anyone no their address?
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need CRA (collection agency) address

Phone number not found.  of course.  I am proud, he did say that I had a snotty little attitude.
Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what CRA stands for? Where they are located? Their phone number?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried looking up, I have googled so on.  They just said CRA.  I even broke the cardinal rule and tried to call them.  They hung up on me when they realized all they were going to get was "What is your Company Name and Address"  refused to give me either.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone number not found.  of course.  I am proud, he did say that I had a snotty little attitude.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I found it.  Its Consumer Recover Associates.  They are out of Virgnia Beach. Its zombie debt. 

There address is

2697 Internatonal Parkway

Virginia, Va 23452

Message Edited by mbush12 on 12-12-2008 07:48 AM
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

One quick question, since they arent reporting, just calling family members and i want them to stop what type of letter should i use?
Message 6 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Zombie debt? How much of a zombie? Is it past CRTP? If so, make up your own letter that some would call FOAD, or Eat Poo and Howl at the Moon, whatever.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

calling family members might also be in violation of state laws and considered harassment and even violation of FDCPA....
Message 8 of 14
safetylea

There correct address is

2697 Internatonal Parkway, Parkway 4, Suite 270

Virginia, Va 23452

They called mew about a account over 7 years old and not on my FICO credit reports. Said they were going to take a tax lean or something like that against me, bl bl bl. Tried to explain the 7 year law and they did njot want to hear it. She also would not say who CRA was until I said what phone # I was calling about....go figure, these people after 7 years want $$. Have not had any problem with the old account in over 3 years and now this..

Message 9 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Under FDCPA 804, a debt collector may call third parties to attempt to obtain "location information" about the consumer.  In any such call the debt collector must:

1. Identify themselves

2. State that the purpose of the call is collecting or affirming location information concerning the consumer.

3. Not state that such consumer owes any debt.

4. Not communicate with that person more than once unless requested to do so by the person, or

reasonably believes that the earlier response was erroneous or incomplete.

Make sure family members are aware of those limitations.

Once the debt collector makes an initial communicatin with you, they are then required under FDCPA 809(a) to send you a formal collection (dunning) notice within 5 days.  Initial communication could be in the form of a phone call, a letter, or the posting to your CR.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.