Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Credit Help/Advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Credit Help/Advise

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with a credit issue I have. In Sep 07 I purchased some furniture from Levitz, if you haven't heard they filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. At the time of the purchase I opened an HSBC/Levitz credit card to pay for the furniture, I figured it would be a good way to build my credit since I already had the cash to pay for the furniture. Before Levitz closed down they delivered to me items i didn't order and defective furniture, and when I went back to Levitz to try and resolve the issue that's when they said Levitz no longer exist there is nothing they can do.

I am not the only victim Levitz did this too, I believe there is a class action suit against them. My problem now is HSBC is informing me that I need to pay the credit card, but I feel I shouldn't have to pay for things I didn't order and that's defective. I tried resolving it with HSBC, but to no avail. I tried to dispute the credit card/account on my credit report with Experian but that didn't help as well.

After speaking with the bankruptcy court they informed me that it's against the law for HSBC to have that account/credit on my credit report while a case is pending.

What actions can I take to resolve this issue??? I have EXCELLENT credit and the highest credit score. I don't want this to mess up my credit. I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the OCC, and I already put in a complaint with my attorney general.

Is there anything else I can do?? Please help. Thank you.

Sorry for such a long post.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Credit Help/Advise

In light of what the bankruptcy court told you, you may need to contact an attorney. Try looking up your local legal aid office and see if someone there can help you. You can also file a complaint with the BBB. Sorry you are going through this and I hope you can resolve it quickly.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.